Sox in on MadBum

Sockin

9 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I don't know why I thought Bumgarner was older than 30.

What's the biggest concern over signing him?  I'm not being an ass, I'm curious.

Innings on his arm. He's been pitching 200 innings per year since he was 20, plus 3 full postseasons with a CG or two. Tons of gopher balls. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, hogan873 said:

What's the biggest concern over signing him?  I'm not being an ass, I'm curious.

A lot of balls that didn't go out in AT&T would go out in Guaranteed Rate.

A lot of miles on his arm.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

I think just the number of innings he has pitched. He has around 1100 more innings than Wheeler, for example.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

That he's thrown 200+ innings since he was 20 years old.  He got in a serious RTV accident a few years ago that fucked up his shoulder for two years.  Pass.

I'm assuming an NL team is Bumgarner's first choice since the dude loves to hit. Really have a hard time believing if it was close in offers he'd choose an AL team over an NL team.

That said...I'm pretty meh on him anyway.

10 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Tons and tons of fly balls and homers, even while pitching in one of the most homer suppressing parks in the MLB. Presumably that gets a lot worse at GRF. 

• Quin locked this topic