Sox in on MadBum

Sockin

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I think they need to shift focus and move to the OF market. The pitching market has them screwed right now. Lets get Covey some starts. 

Why does Covey deserve more starts after how bad he has been in his tenure with the White Sox?

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Why does Covey deserve more starts after how bad he has been in his tenure with the White Sox?

I'm just being sarcastic. Right now the Sox are screwed when it comes to pitchers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orlando said:

He’s also a guy that can turn into vintage Madison Bumgarner. The upside is worth it. It will be praised nationally and locally. You have to take risks. The Sox don’t have a better option IMO. You aren’t going to get someone of value if you don’t trade Robert, Madrigal or Vaughn. This is the time to take risks. Or waste another year of peak Moncada and Giolito. Standing pat is not an option IMO. 

I doubt Bumgarner wants to pitch in an AL hitters park on the wrong side of Chicago. Tough transition. I doubt I would want to watch him do it. Yes James Shields is back. Next. 

8 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Well, looks like Bumgarner is the target now.

Yeah, you could tell by how aggressively bad Stones team management opinions are that he he was the perfect mouthpiece for the white Sox at this time.

24 minutes ago, pcq said:

I doubt Bumgarner wants to pitch in an AL hitters park on the wrong side of Chicago. Tough transition. I doubt I would want to watch him do it. Yes James Shields is back. Next. 

Don't you want  the be the team that signs the next James Shields? You just don't want to be the team that trades for him.   It turned out pretty well for the Padres...😋

Just now, bmags said:

Yeah, you could tell by how aggressively bad Stones team management opinions are that he he was the perfect mouthpiece for the white Sox at this time.

I think the Sox front office is smart enough to realize MBum is not a fit or our answer

I do not mind driving his pricetag up for other clubs though

Bumgarner

192 homeruns allowed

74 at home

30 in 2019 over 207 IP

( 15% of career total )

Wheeler

75 homeruns allowed

40 at home

22 in 2019 over 195 IP

( 29% of career total )

Bumgarner has twice as many innings under his belt.

Edited by hi8is

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

I think the Sox front office is smart enough to realize MBum is not a fit or our answer

I do not mind driving his pricetag up for other clubs though

I don’t think driving prices up for other teams happens that much, if at all. Ultimately it would drive up prices for you.

19 hours ago, Orlando said:

I would actually be happy if the Sox got Bumgarner but I don’t think they will offer enough to overcome the national league preference. Reds and Cardinals interested

I probably would be too depending on cost.Have to figure 4 years . If a team goes 5 forget it. If he's going to $100M also forget it. Somewhere between $80-85 M perhaps?

I'm sure this place would be livid but the casual fan base , meaning those most likely to buy season tickets. just might like it a lot. After all he is a legend and a likely good influence on the young pitchers and the most likely to give you 200 innings which is still pretty critical for the 2020 Sox.

• Thanks 1

• Quin locked this topic