Sockin

Sox in on MadBum

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I’d be all over a 3yr 75M offer for Mad. 

Same, especially the 3 years. Thought MadBum for sure was getting (or going to get) 5 years from somebody. He'll give up bombs but will still K alot of hitters with his elite spin rate numbers.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Same, especially the 3 years. Thought MadBum for sure was getting (or going to get) 5 years from somebody. He'll give up bombs but will still K alot of hitters with his elite spin rate numbers.

And he’ll pitch every 5th day. 

This team needs some intensity. 

Agreed.  $75 million isn’t going to kill this team, even at that high AAV and I suspect that the final prices for Ryu and Keuchel will surprise a lot of people as well.

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Agreed. I would take MadBum at that price and years all day any day

Thing is, I think a number of teams would think that as well. Then we're back to who offers more money or an extra year, and are the Sox the team that is going to do that?

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think Twins would let MadBum go to the Sox on a 3 year deal.  

Many teams would be interested in him on a year year deal, especially MN

I projected a 3/75 for MadBum.... Would be an overpay, but it's only 3y, so it's not the worst thing in the world.  Still think he'd be a car crash at the Rate, just like Porcello would have been, had he not gone to NYM.

Edited by Soxnfins

If they Twins end up with him, or any of the top 3 left, and the Sox end up with none of em, thennnnn I'll be upset. 

There was reports the Twins offered Wheeler 100 mill. 25 mill less than the Sox. That's how it should be.