Sox in on MadBum

Sockin

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Tons and tons of fly balls and homers, even while pitching in one of the most homer suppressing parks in the MLB. Presumably that gets a lot worse at GRF. 

No way I give Bumgarner $100 million. Max I’d go is 4 years, $80 million. Anymore than that would be a huge overpayment. 

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Sign one of Bumgarner, Ryu, and Keuchel, and trade prospects not named Robert/Vaughn/Madrigal for Joc and I'll be happy. Sign two of that first group and I'll be ecstatic.

Don't want to go over 100M for Bum.  At this point, I think I would be happy with Ryu and Keuchel as long as the deals are not too long.  I am not sure I trust Hahn to trade away the right piece for 1 year of Joc...I am afraid he will overpay.

FWIW, Gio and Bumgarner had very similar batted ball profiles last year. I don't think the fly balls are the problem. It's that Bumgarner gives up hard hit balls. He was bottom 15% in exit velo and hard hit %. I'm ok with Bumgarner assuming they get a good deal, but 4 years at 80 to 100 for a guy who will most likely own an FIP in the 4.5s is not worth it.

• Like 1

I can’t pretend to be excited about the possibilities of Madbum. We are dealing with an org that has been saving bucks and asking for patience because they will spend it on a mansion and now that they are in the market They are actually bidding on a renovated 4 bedroom bungalow. 

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Don't want to go over 100M for Bum.  At this point, I think I would be happy with Ryu and Keuchel as long as the deals are not too long.  I am not sure I trust Hahn to trade away the right piece for 1 year of Joc...I am afraid he will overpay.

I'm ok with us getting Ryu on a shorter deal. Just hope he doesn't get hurt and gives you at least 150 IPs a year. Outside of August he was really good last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

I can’t pretend to be excited about the possibilities of Madbum. We are dealing with an org that has been saving bucks and asking for patience because they will spend it on a mansion and now that they are in the market They are actually bidding on a renovated 4 bedroom bungalow. 

More like, going to Whole foods, and stopping at family dollar for the cheaper version.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Bumgarner and Tim Anderson in the same locker room would be pretty funny. 

I got mocked for bringing this up but I think its definitely something you have to consider. Especially if you're dolling out a lengthy deal.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'd take him over Keuchel. 

Hard Pass on Keuchel/Ryu unless it's something like 2/30. (no chance with Boras) 

I'd be ok with signing either as long as it's a 1 or 2 year deal. 

Both Keuchel and Ryu are Boras clients, right? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Quin locked this topic