The Money Will Be Spent

Superstar Lamar

Everyone is disappointed but the guy is entitled to take less money to play elsewhere.  Surely there are a couple more players around who could improve the club.  The Winter Meetings start next week.  Lets get the bullpen improved and a RF situation fixed.  Rick and Kenny are at least as frustrated as we are.  They'll get er done.

• Haha 1

Just now, poppysox said:

Everyone is disappointed but the guy is entitled to take less money to play elsewhere.  Surely there are a couple more players around who could improve the club.  The Winter Meetings start next week.  Lets get the bullpen improved and a RF situation fixed.  Rick and Kenny are at least as frustrated as we are.  They'll get er done.

You are every front office’s dream fan

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

You are every front office’s dream fan

I expect more out of you. They made the best offer on the table for Zack Wheeler. This isn't like last year. We didn't get played.

They'd likely have had to come in at like 130 or 140 to make it worth pissing off the man's wife. OR get creative which JR front offices are never allowed to do and buy the dude a private jet or some shit.

35 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Thank you.......yes I know that you didn't mean it as a compliment.  You know that you come off as a Gloomy Gus.  It doesn't  hurt a forum to have some of both.

Its the lack of analysis that comes along with the blind faith that comes off as silly. 

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

I just can't get on board with this type of lame sauce when the Sox are finally coming out of the muck. They made a great offer.

giphy.gif

This

Shit gets so old, man. 

We get it! Jesus. It's a crutch used to avoid having an original or useful thought. 

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...need to work on that in depth analysis you are so famous for.

At least I try? I’m a generally optimistic and positive fan as well, but I at least try to contribute to topics and provide insight to a game I happen to know quite a bit about. Definitely am not as knowledgeable as some here (which Is the main reason I love this place), and I love the hear other knowledgeable fans opinions, glean info and learn to look at the game in new ways. 

You just continually spam every thread with blank thoughts. I’m sure you’re a fantastic guy, but your bit I am sure has run thin on a lot regular posters, not just me. 4,000 posts since February is insane! 

But this is an open forum, so you do you, man.  Go Sox! 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

At least I try? I’m a generally optimistic and positive fan as well, but I at least try to contribute to topics and provide insight to a game I happen to know quite a bit about. Definitely am not as knowledgeable as some here (which Is the main reason I love this place), and I love the hear other knowledgeable fans opinions, glean info and learn to look at the game in new ways. 

You just continually spam every thread with blank thoughts. I’m sure you’re a fantastic guy, but your bit I am sure has run thin on a lot regular posters, not just me. 4,000 posts since February is insane! 

There are always guys who think they know more than other guys...I get it.  Some guys can quote batting averages for the last 25 years, etc.  I don't find that interesting or informative but it's their thing.  I've been a hard core fan of the WS for 64 years and think I know a fair bit about them.  I also played some college ball so have a general idea of which base to throw to etc..  I think WAR has a place in the front office analyzing trades and dollars, etc.   but only baseball nerds care much.  Batting ave,, homers, RBI's, ERA, W&L's still the yardsticks used by most fans including myself.  I can look  up some guys WAR just like you... but  not interested.  I think of the forum as a bunch of guys sitting around talking about their favorite team.  Some like to b**** about the team and others think the new rookie will be the next Trout.  It's all good by me.  

Lastly...why would you care how many post I make.  You like statistics so do the math...works out to about 12 post per day.  Is that insane...I don't know?  You have posted slightly more than double my # of post and have slightly more than double my likes.  Seems just as many people like my post as like yours.🙂  Believe it or not there are some posters and subjects I don't enjoy or agree with.  I just skip right by their post.  You should try it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

If you don't like a poster, don't read his posts. Totally trashing him is very childish. 

• Love 1