Cole to the Yankees: 9 years, $324 million.

ChiliIrishHammock24

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Their fans were so sure they were getting him too (if this turns out to be true).

I wonder why Yankee fans thought they were getting him? Cole to the Angels was the biggest slam dunk destination for any player in free agency. It would be shocking to me if he didn't go back home to Anaheim.

Now assuming this is happening and happening this early, that's going to lead to a feeding frenzy for Strasburg.

10 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I wonder why Yankee fans thought they were getting him? Cole to the Angels was the biggest slam dunk destination for any player in free agency. It would be shocking to me if he didn't go back home to Anaheim.

Now assuming this is happening and happening this early, that's going to lead to a feeding frenzy for Strasburg.

Well, one they are yankees fans.

But two they seemed to posture they would try to get the money to give them the edge. But Arte Moreno is competitive and probably pushed it to a point where cole just said he'd rather be home.

I actually am not surprised this is wrapping up early. This is so different than last year. Each marquee player has multiple teams actively bidding and with histories of spending top of market for talent, and also teams that meet players on their own valuations instead of just other teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

I am shocked that he would sign this early.  Maybe he always wanted to go to the Angels.  Very interested to see the $ numbers on this one.  

Probably got the money he was after with a team he wanted to play for....no reason to drag it out.  Not every player needs to squeeze the last possible dime.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Difference is that was regarding the Sox. This is another team. ;)

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm but wouldn’t they be much more in tune with the Sox? Also didn’t someone from FutureSox falsely reported Encarnacion to the Astros a few years back?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, the Wheeler report wasnt exactly wrong - the sox offered the most so I will give a pass there.

Still not sure how he got a scoop this big before some big time national writers but, I'll give the benefit of the doubt until this is proven otherwise.

Right. And he just met with the Yankees yesterday.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Cole Thread: To the Yankees?