Cole to the Yankees: 9 years, $324 million.

ChiliIrishHammock24

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I will believe it when I see it.  Last several winter meetings were snoozers.  

Won't stop me from being an incredibly unproductive employee for three days though.  

Might be dumb question, but when do most moves start to get completed?

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I will believe it when I see it.  Last several winter meetings were snoozers.  

Won't stop me from being an incredibly unproductive employee for three days though.  

I think the heightened activity in the weeks before the meetings is a good indicator that this won't be like the last few 

Edited by Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Might be dumb question, but when do most moves start to get completed?

We'll see some stuff tomorrow am for sure, but not sure if it will be a flurry or not.  Tonight is possible - heard most teams were getting into SD this weekend. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I think the activity in the weeks before the meetings is a good indicator that this won't be like the last few 

Agreed.  But I've felt that other recent WM would be busy, and they weren't.  So again, I will believe it when I see it - but not saying it won't happen. 

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

When Obama is part of the new ownership group In three years will people be "thanks Obama!" When they miss out on high profile FAs?

That brain tumor explains a lot. I expect Kommander Kenny will be part of the next group if this team doesn't ruin him first. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Cole Thread
1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is all news that has been out there already.  He is just putting it all together.

Making a 50/50 prediction and guessing correctly does not mean anything. Any Tom, Dick or Harry would not be going out on a limb and saying "Sources say Cole to the Angels/Yankees for nine years $330 million, talks are fluid"

That does not make you an insider.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Cole Thread: To the Yankees?
7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

lets see it this guy can establish himself as legit. Doubt it

When was the last time you saw a decimal in contract terms. Over detailing is the easiest way to spot a fraud other than than they 99% hit rate of ‘That guy is full of it’ being correct. 

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Eduardo Perez just said on MLB Radio that he bets that Cole signs for 9 years... he sounded coy like he knew something.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true.

That's one way to get the contract value up while spreading the risk out, it makes sense to me.