Cole to the Yankees: 9 years, $324 million.

ChiliIrishHammock24

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't even know if I'd want the Sox to sign Cole at 9/$350M or whatever insane deal he is about to get.  

Look at the post above yours. Would you rather it play out like that? Thats all the more likely. 

6 minutes ago, shipps said:

Look at the post above yours. Would you rather it play out like that? Thats all the more likely. 

I don't see any scenerio where Rick Porcello is the Sox top SP addition, and I don't take anything that guy says seriously.  His next post that doesn't assume the worst for the Sox will be his first.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I bet Cole goes to the Yanks

Mad Bum goes to the Cards

Ryu and Keuchel go to the Angels

Rendon goes to Texas

Donaldson goes to the Nats

Castellanos goes to the Giants

White Sox end up giving Porcello a one year deal to eat innings and rebuild value

Of course you think this

31 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Eduardo Perez just said on MLB Radio that he bets that Cole signs for 9 years... he sounded coy like he knew something.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true.

Around Anaheim everyone thinks he is signing with the Angels. National media seems to lean Yankees, but local media and local connections all indicate Angels (almost as if they are assured Cole will come to them and they can match with best & final bid).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This Cole market with Anaheim and the Yankees having to have him is why the Sox should have taken advantage of most of the big boys sitting out last season. It isn't going to happen for the White Sox when these other teams must have someone. 

Yup.  If you can’t beat out the Padres or Phillies for your main targets, you damn sure aren’t going to beat out the Yankees or Angels.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind Porcello on a one year contract. Certainly more interesting than Shields or Nova or even Jordan Lyles to me. 

Agreed.  Porcello would be fine as the second SP acquisition.  But if he’s our best SP acquisition this offseason, Hahn will have to avoid showing up to SoxFest.

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This Cole market with Anaheim and the Yankees having to have him is why the Sox should have taken advantage of most of the big boys sitting out last season. It isn't going to happen for the White Sox when these other teams must have someone. 

People say that but it still would have cost the Sox >$300M(!) to sign Machado. It wasn’t some kind of huge bargain because the big boys were sitting that one out (even the Yankees wouldn’t go that high on Machado).

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

People say that but it still would have cost the Sox >$300M(!) to sign Machado. It wasn’t some kind of huge bargain because the big boys were sitting that one out (even the Yankees wouldn’t go that high on Machado).

Because he was a second thought to the Yankees. If it was a priority, it wouldn't have dragged on to spring training. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

What I am saying is it would have been more. The White Sox $250 million offer would have been dead months before. KW wouldn't have had to wear shades.

Ok but you framed it in a way that Manny was so much more affordable because the big boys were out of the bidding. I don’t believe that. Not when he got $300M from the Padres.

And from the Sox perspective when looking at these two $300M players, signing Cole would address a much bigger need for the team than Manny would. I realize they aren’t in on this one but I’d take Cole 10/10 times over Machado and apparently the Yankees would too.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ok but you framed it in a way that Manny was so much more affordable because the big boys were out of the bidding. I don’t believe that. Not when he got $300M from the Padres.

And from the Sox perspective when looking at these two $300M players, signing Cole would address a much bigger need for the team than Manny would. I realize they aren’t in on this one but I’d take Cole 10/10 times over Machado and apparently the Yankees would too.

This narrative is tired.

The Yankees don't magically give the highest offer to every major FA. They lost Robinson Cano to the Mariners for goodness sakes. 

The Yankees were involved in the Machado sweepstakes - reportedly - and had no interest at that price point. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This narrative is tired.

The Yankees don't magically give the highest offer to every major FA. They lost Robinson Cano to the Mariners for goodness sakes. 

The Yankees were involved in the Machado sweepstakes - reportedly - and had no interest at that price point. 

Do you work for the white sox?

• Like 1