Cole to the Yankees: 9 years, $324 million.

ChiliIrishHammock24

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I think a 5/200 would maybe get it done for Rendon. That's a hell of a commitment though.

We also better be prepared to approach $150M payroll in 2020 if that is the case.  If you sign Rendon, you better get some pitching.  

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

I would think Rendon is a pretty cynical take the money guy. It's been said he doesn't really care about baseball, he just happens to be really really good at it. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He only wants to play 5 more years or so.

Did Rendon say these things himself? 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

We also better be prepared to approach $150M payroll in 2020 if that is the case.  If you sign Rendon, you better get some pitching.  

Sign Rendon, work a trade for a quality starting pitcher this offseason, sign an inexpensive backend starter for 2020. 

Herrera/Colome/McCann come off the books after 2020 offering some flexibility, Rodon/Kopech/Dunning/Lambert/Flores/Stiever/somebody else should be able to hold down a rotation spot? 

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Sign Rendon, work a trade for a quality starting pitcher this offseason, sign an inexpensive backend starter for 2020. 

Herrera/Colome/McCann come off the books after 2020 offering some flexibility, Rodon/Kopech/Dunning/Lambert/Flores/Stiever/somebody else should be able to hold down a rotation spot? 

Sign rendon, sign miley, sign a 2nd pitcher, go year by year pitching waiting for opportunity. It's a much better plan than trying to fill RF and SP perfectly

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Did Rendon say these things himself? 

According to a Washington Post guy, he has said he wants to retire by  35

"I think the one most intriguing option for me that seems to make sense is that Justin Turner has said he'll move off third [base] for LA [Dodgers] and the Dodgers are known to offer low-year, high AAV deals which is something that probably seems attractive to Rendon, who has told us many a time he'd like to retire by 35," Daugherty said. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Based on? 

Boras quote today from his press conference.

Boras says clubs have been consistent so far in offering Rendon a 7-year deal. Also says Rendon and Trout are the only players with "6 WAR appraisals" the last 3 years. "So he is literally atop the game, one of the game's greatest."

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

"I think the one most intriguing option for me that seems to make sense is that Justin Turner has said he'll move off third [base] for LA [Dodgers] and the Dodgers are known to offer low-year, high AAV deals which is something that probably seems attractive to Rendon, who has told us many a time he'd like to retire by 35," Daugherty said. 

Wow. That's nuts.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

hilarious.

I know you have been pushing this for awhile and I absolutely love the idea because it’s the best way to dramatically improve the lineup but the Sox don’t work this way.  Moncada looked good at 3B, a RF would be way cheaper to acquire, and there are many available.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I know you have been pushing this for awhile and I absolutely love the idea because it’s the best way to dramatically improve the lineup but the Sox don’t work this way.  Moncada looked good at 3B, a RF would be way cheaper to acquire, and there are many available.

I don't think the sox should work the way they work so I don't see a need to change my opinions on what they should do with a currently cheap roster and special players available for the taking.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I don't think the sox should work the way they work so I don't see a need to change my opinions on what they should do with a currently cheap roster and special players available for the taking.

Bingo. Players like Rendon you have to draft/develop or pay for in free agency. The trade cost is typically exorbitant. 

Rendon costs only money, which we should have plenty of

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Boras quote today from his press conference.

Boras says clubs have been consistent so far in offering Rendon a 7-year deal. Also says Rendon and Trout are the only players with "6 WAR appraisals" the last 3 years. "So he is literally atop the game, one of the game's greatest."

Man, wish I was available to watch.  Did you catch it live on MLBN? 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Man, wish I was available to watch.  Did you catch it live on MLBN? 

No, sitting in the office watching my twitter feed update. 

Hasn't been a very productive week, but shit happens. Everyone is leaving for the Holiday soon anyway so FFFF it.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I saw a clip of Rendon saying this and he was joking about this. It was not a serious quote. Washington Post Guy took it the wrong way. Sarcasm 

3 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

I saw a clip of Rendon saying this and he was joking about this. It was not a serious quote. Washington Post Guy took it the wrong way. Sarcasm 

What? This was for an interview.

It wasnt sarcasm. The entire article makes the point pretty well.

https://theathletic.com/1308014/2019/10/24/anthony-rendon-vignettes-for-thursday/

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run