Cole to the Yankees: 9 years, $324 million.

ChiliIrishHammock24

15 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Right. And he just met with the Yankees yesterday.

I know everyone is used to the past few off-season, but it's possible to meet and submit a bid. Then an agent circles back and says we need this or we're out. 

Possible cole had an outlandish price to play out east or in the midwest and yanks were only suitor so he signed with the Angels.

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Our opinions are our own on our personal twitters. They don't represent the thoughts of FutureSox. 

I get that. But when your twitter has your position listed on the personal twitter, if the info is incorrect, you do open the door to a lot of bashing. Fair or not, people aren't going to separate the two.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is correct though. 

10 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Our opinions are our own on our personal twitters. They don't represent the thoughts of FutureSox. 

Definitely love the work you guys do. I read almost every piece. Just a few guys try to play insider on Twitter. I noticed that you are very intentional about making it clear that you aren’t trying to be an insider and I appreciate that

Just now, Orlando said:

Definitely love the work you guys do. I read almost every piece. Just a few guys try to play insider on Twitter. I noticed that you are very intentional about making it clear that you aren’t trying to be an insider and I appreciate that

I'm not an insider by any means. I hear things occasionally. It makes it harder to tweet out opinions though. 

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Walk away dude

If this is true, the NYY couldn't pay Cole enough to lure him East and Cashman has been infatuated with the guy for over a decade. The yankees basically told the guy the money would be what he wants and he still would have passed. 

This could have just been a shit off season for this stuff. Cole wanted to go home. Stras has reportedly wanted to stay in Wash and Wheeler wanted to stay out east. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If this is true, the NYY couldn't pay Cole enough to lure him East and Cashman has been infatuated with the guy for over a decade. The yankees basically told the guy the money would be what he wants and he still would have passed. 

This could have just been a shit off season for this stuff. Cole wanted to go home. Stras has reportedly wanted to stay in Wash and Wheeler wanted to stay out east. It is what it is.

Cole to the Angels would not exactly be a shocking position. Rumors that the Angels would pay nearly any price to ink him have been around for months. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Cole to the Angels would not exactly be a shocking position. Rumors that the Angels would pay nearly any price to ink him have been around for months. 

Can you post these rumors that the Angels would pay "nearly any price?"

My point remains; the Yankees would outbid the Angels for Cole - from knowing what we know about Cashman, and what he actually did say at the meeting yesterday.

These guys getting 9 figures can afford to leave a few million on the table for preferences such as hometown and weather.   The other normal guys follow the money.  The whole super star thing is hard to compute for average joes.  What is troubling to me is guys like Wheeler are not super stars but getting that kind of money.  One or two of these big deals going South and you are sunk for the next decade.  Heavy duty gambling.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I didn't realize that Steve9347 was a Yankees fan. He's been posting here a long time. 

How am I a Yankees fan? I woke up at 2am for some reason, checked this, saw the info and suddenly realized if the Yankees didn't land Cole they were going to go all-in on Strasburg, whom I still am hopeful the Sox somehow surprise me on.

Sorry that what I asked to have changed (the thread title) caused so many "hard workers at FutureSox" so much pain WHEN THE FUCKING THREAD TITLE SAYS "PER FUTURESOX".

We have a thread here that's still fabrication saying Gerritt Cole is headed to the Angels, and the very title says the opposite of what people are say (personal Twitters do not represent FutureSox).

I see little has changed around here. Simple, basic moderation is completely ignored. New thread title suggestion:

Unsubstantiated Rumor: Cole to LA Angels per random guy on Twitter

Edited by Steve9347

42 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

And years ago Steve ran a story on his site about Lebron coming to the Bulls.

This is a lie!

The story was a complete fabrication that Derrick Rose was returning on a given day. 😳 I shouldn't have done it, and the site's long gone. C'est la vie. Now I focus on family and career and find much more joy and success. 🙂

Doesn't change the fact that this thread still being titled what it is is a bad look on Soxtalk (and by it's given name, FutureSox).

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nothing is official. It was just yesterday Heyman put out a tweet the Cole assured the Yankees he had no West Coast bias when they met with him for 4 hours .

The Yankees literally were quoted after the meeting saying they feared and felt after the meeting that Cole preferred the West Coast.

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Yankees literally were quoted after the meeting saying they feared and felt after the meeting that Cole preferred the West Coast.

If you are referring to the Heyman Tweet that said that., that Tweet is older than the Heyman one I cited about Cole assuring them he had no west coast bias.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Cole Thread: To the Yankees?