Cole to the Yankees: 9 years, $324 million.

ChiliIrishHammock24

The long arc of my baseball fandom has somehow arrived at me appreciating the hell out of how Brian Cashman runs one of the most gifted yet difficult franchises in sports.

Red Sox have benefitted from being able to pull foot off the gas more and ended up with a greater two decade run, but he has dealt with this about as well as you can.

6 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

I see we still have a “Cole to Angels” based on a bullshit, nonsense tweet topic instead of a “Gerrity Cole” topic. Great. 

Oh no does a thread title not align with the discussion ?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bmags said:

The long arc of my baseball fandom has somehow arrived at me appreciating the hell out of how Brian Cashman runs one of the most gifted yet difficult franchises in sports.

Red Sox have benefitted from being able to pull foot off the gas more and ended up with a greater two decade run, but he has dealt with this about as well as you can.

I think it's pretty clear in sports that you have to lose to win. The 90s Braves aren't possible anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And Gammons already has him in NY.

I will be impressed if Moreno outbids the evil empire.  This seems to have been their target even before the playoffs ended.  I guess whoever loses can alway sign Strasburg...

It must be nice to shit money...

3 hours ago, MyNamesRod said:

He’s going to get paid so much. Yanks and angels are both all in on him. I can’t wait to see the final contract 

It’s interesting to see the big franchises that land top players often take the tact of letting it be publicly known they value the players worth instead of undercutting it and constantly trying to make sure everyone knows they don’t want to spend too much.

25 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Imagine how cool it would be if the White Sox had an owner who’ll do “Whatever it takes”. 

They do. You can say whatever you want about Reinsdorf, but I know for a fact that he'll do whatever it takes to maximize profits.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

It's about to be a CRAZY week at winter meetings. Every major FA may be signed

I will believe it when I see it.  Last several winter meetings were snoozers.  

Won't stop me from being an incredibly unproductive employee for three days though.  

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Cole Thread: To the Yankees?