Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Princess Dye

Tsutsugo - UPDATE: To Rays

Recommended Posts

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Home field probably reminds him of the Tokyo Dome.

Rays were likely the best overall team that offered him a contract. Gets to live in Florida, no state income tax, competitive team, bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QBBrian13 said:

I mean, at this point, you just have to assume the Sox were a "bigger" offer right?

Yep, on everyone they potentially miss out on.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steveno89 said:

Rays were likely the best overall team that offered him a contract. Gets to live in Florida, no state income tax, competitive team, bingo

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

I mean, at this point, you just have to assume the Sox were a "bigger" offer right?

This cat and Mazara make no sense on the same roster, so probably not.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have loved to root for this guy in Chicago. Known to be a student of the game, and said in interviews he was looking for the right environment to make him a better hitter. Not surprised he ended up taking a discount to join a progressive team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

But wait a second Ray Ray keeps saying players only go for the most money. My brain does not understand how this could be.

I do believe that players choose the most money the majority of the time but at this guy’s price, teams could have tried to sign him as a DH or part time player.  With the Rays, he knows he’s a full time starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Rays were likely the best overall team that offered him a contract. Gets to live in Florida, no state income tax, competitive team, bingo

I guess Florida is good for him and his family  if he doesn't  mind stifling heat and humidity, home schooling his kids, tourist trap restaurants, and retirees.  IMO< he would have been better off in Seattle or on one the California teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tray said:

I guess Florida is good for him and his family  if he doesn't  mind stifling heat and humidity, home schooling his kids, tourist trap restaurants, and retirees.  IMO< he would have been better off in Seattle or on one the California teams.

No state income taxes in Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

But wait a second Ray Ray keeps saying players only go for the most money. My brain does not understand how this could be.

I'm not sure how many times I have said the higher up in the market you go the more pressure for a player to take the most money.

Every single marquee free agent has taken the most guaranteed money. Even wheeler was at the middle of the market. Rendon, Harper, Manny, Stras and Cole all took the most guaranteed money.

The rule doesnt really apply as much to a guy whose money difference was 1-2 million. Those guys are not market setters. At the bottom of the market you get a lot of reasons why a player signs with a team; playing time and growing value over the duration of that deal being big drivers. 

Porcello, for example, likely could have gotten more guaranteed money but he thought it would be smarter to reser his market next year in hopes of a bounce back season. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I do believe that players choose the most money the majority of the time but at this guy’s price, teams could have tried to sign him as a DH or part time player.  With the Rays, he knows he’s a full time starter.

Ding ding ding. Guys who are hoping to not be signing their last contract will likely factor in other reasons to drive their value next time they negotiate if they fall into that crowd.

I'm not mad at the white sox for missing out on a player like this.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ding ding ding. Guys who are hoping to not be signing their last contract will likely factor in other reasons to drive their value next time they negotiate if they fall into that crowd.

I'm not mad at the white sox for missing out on a player like this.

Neither am I, especially if his defense is bad.  It will be interesting to see if the Rays can get some Schwarber-like production out of him on the cheap.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not sure how many times I have said the higher up in the market you go the more pressure for a player to take the most money.

Every single marquee free agent has taken the most guaranteed money. Even wheeler was at the middle of the market. Rendon, Harper, Manny, Stras and Cole all took the most guaranteed money.

The rule doesnt really apply as much to a guy whose money difference was 1-2 million. Those guys are not market setters. At the bottom of the market you get a lot of reasons why a player signs with a team; playing time and growing value over the duration of that deal being big drivers. 

Porcello, for example, likely could have gotten more guaranteed money but he thought it would be smarter to reser his market next year in hopes of a bounce back season. 

I'm just messing with you lol. No need for the great wall of text. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This cat and Mazara make no sense on the same roster, so probably not.  

I have to imagine this guy is a much, much worse defender from what I have read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm just messing with you lol. No need for the great wall of text. 

I do the same shit that drives me crazy when my wife does it; repeat the same thing 10 different ways in one response. 😂

I blame my wife for me becoming this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×