Scar Tissue - Bobby Jenks

SoxAce

On 12/5/2019 at 7:18 PM, SoxAce said:

Thankks for posting. Just read it outloud to my wife as we drive home to Grand Rapids from Chicago. Great story to help pass the time. Amazing what he went through. Addiction truly is an evil thing and so difficult to overcome, experiencing it myself by loved ones. 

And glad he is now fighting concurrent surgeries. The more I hear about mishaps in the medical field, the more I distrust doctors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

The more I hear about mishaps in the medical field, the more I distrust doctors. 

Believe me, it's worse than you think.  The medical profession completely destroyed my life.  All many doctors and hospitals care about is the almighty dollar (a few doctors have told me that).

"But you can't reverse a surgery"

Truer words have never been spoken.  I speak from experience... on MULTIPLE occasions.

We discussed the "concurrent surgeries" issue here when this story first went down.  

His experience with the Percoset and Ambien is frightening but not surprising.  Remember, the EXACT same thing (DUI) happened to Tiger Woods.  The part about him stabbing his TV and whatnot is the  reason why whenever there's a mass shooting or other similar event, the first question I ask myself is "I wonder what kind of "meds" he/she is on?"

Thanks for posting this, and thank you Bobby for writing it

17 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Believe me, it's worse than you think.  The medical profession completely destroyed my life.  All many doctors and hospitals care about is the almighty dollar (a few doctors have told me that).

"But you can't reverse a surgery"

Truer words have never been spoken.  I speak from experience... on MULTIPLE occasions

Dude I am so sorry. That is just awful. Who do we turn to when we have emergency or dire medical needs when we can't trust the people that are supposed to be professionals at it?

Just recently, my family member of mine experienced a major panic attack. Actually, the immediate family didn't know what it was at first because they had never seen anything like it. They brought him to the nearest ER, and At first it was, heart attack? No. Seizure? No. EKG and brain scan ruled those out. No one at the hospital knew what was wrong with him. He would have episodes where his body would shake, eyes would roll back, slurred speech, among other things. They gave him all these different kinds of medications that gave him awful side effects. When he finally stopped having the episodes, he went to his family doctor, and he basically said he did not need any of that medication. None of it was necessary. The doctor said those were the meds you give someone who is diagnosed for something like manic depression or psychosis (none of which he had)...basically last-resort drugs. The family doctor told him to refuse the medication, so when the nurse brought the meds to him next time, they refused, and the NURSE even said she would have done the same thing, but she has to follow orders from the doctor. What the fuck!?! These doctors don't even see these patients and just assign pills to fix everything. I hate it. You're right, it's all about money. It's evil. 

My family member was diagnosed with lyme disease, which he has PROPER meds for now, antibiotics, and he's also doing what he needs to do to work through the anxiety/depression. Which also is insane because this is like the most bubbly and out-going person I've ever met.