Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Walker seems to be one in particular that’s drawing positive attention as a solid bounce back guy.

Maybe our new (pitching) niche is that we can become known for successfully rehabbing so many TJ guys.

LOL, just posted about same thing in my offseason plan.  Great minds.............

3 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

LOL, just posted about same thing in my offseason plan.  Great minds.............

The irony is Lopez is one of the few starters without a major injury (knock on wood) in their past and he’s actually the one with the most high-risk profile in terms of high velocity fastball usage.

23 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

i would not mind us making a trade for either Gray or Marquez (hell, trade for both)!  

That would only put our system back to 28th-30th in the majors.

They have no incentive to deal Marquez.  If they do, they’re trading Arenado, dumping Blackmon and completely rebuilding. 

Gray at least makes some sense, but they need him, Freeland and Hoffman pitching to their potential to compete.  No pressing desire to trade him right now when he’ll still be under control for 1 1/2 years at the deadline.   Unless someone blows you away with an offer, which the White Sox most certainly won’t do.

Probably been mentioned but Chris Archer might be a change of scenery candidate. Guessing Pirates would be fine unloading him, perhaps in combo with Marte who MLB Trade Rumors says Pirates will move, ideally for a young catcher. Do you think Collins, Fulmer and ??? would get their attention? 

42 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That would only put our system back to 28th-30th in the majors.

They have no incentive to deal Marquez.  If they do, they’re trading Arenado, dumping Blackmon and completely rebuilding. 

Gray at least makes some sense, but they need him, Freeland and Hoffman pitching to their potential to compete.  No pressing desire to trade him right now when he’ll still be under control for 1 1/2 years at the deadline.   Unless someone blows you away with an offer, which the White Sox most certainly won’t do.

But realistically what hole is going to need to be plugged in from the minors?  This roster is essentially set for the next 4 years after we add a RF.  I wouldn't have any problem trading away anybody after Vaughn.

6 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

But realistically what hole is going to need to be plugged in from the minors?  This roster is essentially set for the next 4 years after we add a RF.  I wouldn't have any problem trading away anybody after Vaughn.

Well, then you’re stuck eventually where the Cubs are, but at $160-170 million instead of their $200+ million payrolls.

Their only hope is to leverage Contreras for the perfect combination of players.  Not easy.

But I’m sure every Sox fan would take another World Series and four consecutive postseason appearances (granted, 2018 was a disaster in the end.)

37 minutes ago, Flash said:

Probably been mentioned but Chris Archer might be a change of scenery candidate. Guessing Pirates would be fine unloading him, perhaps in combo with Marte who MLB Trade Rumors says Pirates will move, ideally for a young catcher. Do you think Collins, Fulmer and ??? would get their attention? 

I don’t think Fulmer is getting any attention at this point.  Collins might have some interest to them, but not as a  headliner and I don’t see the Pirates selling Archer this offseason while his value is so low.  He looks like more of a trade deadline type to me.

29 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:
My Winter Meetings prediction: #WhiteSox put together a trade package for a coveted starting pitcher.

Not able to speak to any specific targets but the quality of players the Sox have on the table speaks to the potential return

Wonder if Snell could be made available?

38 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:
My Winter Meetings prediction: #WhiteSox put together a trade package for a coveted starting pitcher.

Not able to speak to any specific targets but the quality of players the Sox have on the table speaks to the potential return

Kinda scary. Could see Robert and Madrigal being off the table. Maybe a package built around Vaughn for a SP with 3+ years of control? Who fits the bill?

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Kinda scary. Could see Robert and Madrigal being off the table. Maybe a package built around Vaughn for a SP with 3+ years of control? Who fits the bill?

Yea, if we lose out on Vaughn for 6 years or Madrigal for that matter... I’m really going to be upset about missing out on Wheeler.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

That sounds scary as heck. Sounds like Vaughn or someone big but not Robert obviously. I'd be so pissed. You don't cannibalize the fruits of rebuild to get a pitcher. It's self defeating. Just spend some damn money or take on a bad contract as the main compensation in a trade. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

it sucks we are going to have to give up a huge prospect because someones wife/fiance didnt want to live in Chicago. Unreal.

On a side note if Vaughn is one of the prospects traded it could free up first base for Jimenez to learn......gonna be an interesting next couple weeks boys 

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

it sucks we are going to have to give up a huge prospect because someones wife/fiance didnt want to live in Chicago. Unreal.

I really don't see the Sox moving major prospects (Robert, Madrigal, Cease, Kopech, and major young pieces at MLB level).  Give 60% of the Wheeler offer to Ryu.  Sign a backend SP or trading from prospects that don't currently project to be major pieces in 2020.  

Trading anything that projects to be a major piece moving forward after going through this process would be something. I guess I could see a scenario where moving Vaughn makes some sense, but it would be for a major piece in addition to signing Ryu - not in lieu of.  

On 12/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, ChiSoxJon said:

At this stage of the rebuild (we've yet to come close a winning season), I don't feel comfortable making any trade unless it's swapping a borderline prospect (Jake Peter) for a vet

I think a lot of this club's answers have been (Collins, Vaughn, Madrigal, Moncada, Anderson, Eloy, Robert, Kopech, Gio, Cease, Bummer, Fry) and are (RF- Micker, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Walker, Basabe...SP- Dunning, Lambert...RP- Johnson, Burdi) within  the system...That's how we stay young, cheap, and competitive long term

If this team is competing around the Trade Deadline with the long term vision of this team confirmed, I'd feel more comfortable making a deal

But for now we should utilize FA...Roark? Miley?...Keep your assets

Jon is right. This has been the plan of the FO. No need to switch course now. Sink or swim. Let the rebuild/tank results speak for themselves with the names mentioned. Free agency is the way to go.

• Like 1