Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

He was pretty pissed Pham was traded but other than that no.

Yah, I mean, I doubt that would be enough to convince the Rays to move him.  But they're also an org that may have some interest in some of our spare parts.  Would Vaughn, Dunning, Collins and Basabe offer get you laughed at? 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, I mean, I doubt that would be enough to convince the Rays to move him.  But they're also an org that may have some interest in some of our spare parts.  Would Vaughn, Dunning, Collins and Basabe offer get you laughed at? 

Vaughn is probably a good start but probably need a better second piece than the rest of that package. I would think it that was an offer, it would get beaten. That is, if he is even available.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Probably. It would take one of Madrigal or Robert to get Snell, which is one of the many reasons I don't think he's a target.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Vaughn is probably a good start but probably need a better second piece than the rest of that package. I would think it that was an offer, it would get beaten. That is, if he is even available.

Yah.  I would think the Rays would value players that are all need MLB ready, all without a day of MLB service time.  But yah, I hear ya.  Snell is so good - I doubt they're looking to trade him yet.  They'll wait until middle of 2021 when he's getting more expensive.  

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Pipe dream number 8,462:

Trade for Snell with a Madrigal centered package 

Sign Rendon and move Moncada back to second

Trade for Peterson

Will never happen but boy would that be awesome.

i only do that if the sox can get Rendon

1 minute ago, timbo8 said:

i only do that if the sox can get Rendon

Hence why it’s a part of my dream that will never happen

Each of those three transactions are not very likely ( obviously )

😆

but someone told me not to stop dreaming as if I was a dreamer and that I best get busy living or I’ll be busy dying.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Wait, people wouldn’t want to trade Madrigal + for Snell?  If you can keep Robert and Vaughn, you can give them everyone in the farm

not unless you can find someone to 2nd base in the future or sign rendon and move moncada no i wouldnt do that

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wait, people wouldn’t want to trade Madrigal + for Snell?  If you can keep Robert and Vaughn, you can give them everyone in the farm

I would much rather trade Vaughn than Madrigal at the moment.  Unless Sox wanted to get splashy with Rendon, which is a pipedream.  

I'd bet good money this is Vaughn and Stiever.  A move like this is designed to make the Sox competitive in 2020, and Robert, Madrigal, and Cease all figure to be important parts of the 2020 team.  Trading any of those guys is closing one hole by opening another.

I like Vaughn, a lot, but it makes all the sense in the world for him to be on the table.  He's a good enough prospect to headline a deal for an impact starter, and between Abreu, Grandal, and Collins -- all under team control for 3+ years -- the Sox figure to get good production from 1B even if Vaughn is traded.