Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Outside of Snell, no idea who raBBit could be referring to in terms of coveted targets.  Marquez would be great, but I seriously doubt they would move him.

John Means? Caleb Smith? Sandy Alcantara? Matt Boyd? Just trying think of potential names because I’m at a loss too.

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh fuck, been on the road and just saw this.  These guys aren’t fucking around it appears.  I just hope if they’re going after a big starter this was always part of the plan and not a reaction to missing out on Wheeler.

Well there was that one Twitter guy who said Gallen for Madrigal but no one really thought the Dbacks would do that.

David Price should be a pure salary dump; no thinking team gives anything close to a good prospect for Price, even if the RedSox take back 1/2 his salary.

In the same theme of declining pitchers, Archer and his 5+ ERA wouldn't surprise me either (and not at a 5+ ERA "price").

Trades will be tough - the Sox need all of their tier 1 prospects.  And they really don't have 2nd tier prospects except for Stiever (whom I hope to heck they don't trade).  That leaves a few veterans, which would be okay for a #4 type pitcher.

Edited by GreenSox

Good old Bruce Levine doesn’t think there will be a lot of action at the Meetings because Boras won’t have enough time to meet with teams for all his players.  How Levine still is employed is amazing to me. Even the hosts joked about his stupid comment once the interview was over.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

David Price should be a pure salary dump; no thinking team gives anything close to a good prospect for Price, even if the RedSox take back 1/2 his salary.

In the same theme of declining pitchers, Archer and his 5+ ERA wouldn't surprise me either (and not at a 5+ ERA "price").

Trades will be tough - the Sox need all of their tier 1 prospects.  And they really don't have 2nd tier prospects except for Stiever (whom I hope to heck they don't trade).  That leaves a few veterans, which would be okay for a #4 type pitcher.

Why do the White Sox not have more 2nd tier prospects? they had 4 years of drafts and 4 years of international signings and 4 years of picking up other teams players that they let go, and all we have per your post is Stiever, hence here we are.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=170792
He’s played more games at 2B than any other position the last two years.

Yes he plays both middle IF positions, but his value last season was in CF. I just thought it was a weird post by you considering that has nothing to do with why the D-Backs wouldn't want Madrigal. 

11 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Why do the White Sox not have more 2nd tier prospects? they had 4 years of drafts and 4 years of international signings and 4 years of picking up other teams players that they let go, and all we have per your post is Stiever, hence here we are.

Well that's my opinion; others might (and probably do) disagree.   Their drafts haven't been terribly productive and they pass on international signings for the most part, except for an occasional targeted player (Robert,Abreu).

28 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

What would a price+Benintendi trade look like for the white Sox?  

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

What would a price+Benintendi trade look like for the white Sox?  

That's a good question.   Are the RedSox really interested in moving Benintendi.  If the RedSox were interested and are as desperate to dump salary as advertised, I think they Sox could do it for a couple of 3rd tier guys IF they took all of Price's contract.  But the Sox would rightfully want Boston to take 1/2 the contract, and that leaves it murky.  A big issue with Price is that he's only pitched 1/2 a season (or less) 2 of the last 3 years.

None of these trade scenarios sound appealing to me because I don't want them to give up prospects. I'd rather re sign Ivan Nova before dealing young talent. The Tatis Jr. trade still has me shell shocked. 

Man Zack Wheeler really put the White Sox in a bind. He would have solved a big problem.

Edited by chetkincaid

57 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I disagree a bit with this^

Yes, 2019 was plagued by injuries and poor performance out of many name prospects in our system, but you still have no idea how other clubs view our prospects. Teams can be higher or lower on certain players than you may think. 

Guys like Tyler Johnson/Code Heuer/Bernardo Flores could certainly draw interest. Not saying they would headline a deal, but they could certainly help a trade package. 

Edited by steveno89

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Tatis trade was a fluke.  The odds these prospects die on the vine are far far oh my god soooooooooo f'ing far greater than them suddenly turning into superstars it's ridiculous.  If they can get some value from them now they absolutely should do it.  

Are there any pitchers you'd target? Seems like the most obvious fits I'd like unfortunately play in our division.

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

I disagree a bit with this^

Yes, 2019 was plagued by injuries and poor performance out of many name prospects in our system, but you still have no idea how other clubs view our prospects. Teams can be higher or lower on certain players than you may think. 

Guys like Tyler Johnson/Code Heuer/Bernardo Flores could certainly draw interest. Not saying they would headline a deal, but they could certainly help a trade package. 

Those guys could maybe net an average middle reliever going into their FA year at midseason.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If I were Rick Hahn I'd ask house keeping to set up a cot outside the Rockies war room and not leave until they traded me Jon Gray.  

Yeah, feels like the rockies may as well be in England for as little reporting nationally as they get. I have no idea what their mindset is this offseason.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Good old Bruce Levine doesn’t think there will be a lot of action at the Meetings because Boras won’t have enough time to meet with teams for all his players.  How Levine still is employed is amazing to me. Even the hosts joked about his stupid comment once the interview was over.

Bruce was really believing his BS until they called him out on it and he started backtracking.  He really does need to retire at this point.