Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dude the Marlins didnt even exist until 1993.

Fine, 1997-2003 Marlins, it’s 647 a.m. in China and I just woke up...but you proved nothing about the A’s...unless you want to go back and take away the “lucky” Royals beating them in 2014.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I have tried to come up with a potential quality SP trade target who makes sense and I am struggling to do so. Unless someone is surprisingly available, outside of Gray/Price, there is not much clarity. Gallen does not qualify as established by any means. 

Thor is available, but with two seasons of control I do not think he fits the mold of what we would be looking for, and would be costly to trade for. 

I've been racking my brain all day and can't think of anything. 

• Like 1

Here’s a hair ball idea:

Justin Dunn and Mitch Haniger from the Mariners in exchange for Vaughn, Dunning, and Stiever.

I’m not hot to trade Vaughn and I do believe in both Dunning and Stiever... and I don’t think Vaughn as a headlining piece back to Seattle matches up great with their needs.

However, that three part package we could offer would be able to bring back a really good return.

While this was a hair ball idea, the truth is we have bullets in our chamber to add via trade without taking us off the course for long term and near term contention.

Edited by hi8is

33 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Here’s a hair ball idea:

Justin Dunn and Mitch Haniger from the Mariners in exchange for Vaughn, Dunning, and Stiever.

I’m not hot to trade Vaughn and I do believe in both Dunning and Stiever... and I don’t think Vaughn as a headlining piece back to Seattle matches up great with their needs.

However, that three part package we could offer would be able to bring back a really good return.

While this was a hair ball idea, the truth is we have bullets in our chamber to add via trade without taking us off the course for long term and near term contention.

Haniger is a 2 WAR player; Justin Dunn is essentially a prospect. like Dunning and Stiever.
Vaughn should easily get Hanniger.  But why trade a top prospect for an average player?
Hard to see the value in this trade.

Edited by GreenSox

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Haniger is a 2 WAR player; Justin Dunn is essentially a prospect.   
Hard to see the value in this trade.

Yea, I’m just throwing things out there... but you can easily see 4 WAR annually for 3 years from Haniger and Dunn could be a solid number 2 for 6 years.

There is value towards our goal of immediate contention there and Seattle gets more controllable value for their rebuild.

It isn’t an ideal trade for us but again, just throwing darts at the wall blindfolded. How cool it would be to be a fly on the wall in the White Sox war room right now.

Edited by hi8is

38 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

So take this with a huge grain of salt. I live in Tampa. I have a close friend that works for the rays. Nothing about the white Sox and rays, but snell could be had for the right price. I’m connecting the dots. 

Yeah but what's the right price? What do they have in mind?

I wouldn’t hate trading for a pitcher, because prospects will have to be traded at some point. However, I’d prefer grabbing just short term free agent pitchers and waiting til after this year to see where kopech, stiever, dunning, cease, Lopez, rodon all end up. It’s unlikely but maybe pitching looks like a plus for this team after this upcoming season as there is a lot of potential there. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah but what's the right price? What do they have in mind?

Yes, and I’m not going to pretend to know bc I don’t. Thought it was interesting. I have no idea what the Sox are trying to do. Tampa only does trades they’re clearly winning so I’d be skeptical to do a deal with them...

1 hour ago, HakunaMachado said:

Yes, and I’m not going to pretend to know bc I don’t. Thought it was interesting. I have no idea what the Sox are trying to do. Tampa only does trades they’re clearly winning so I’d be skeptical to do a deal with them...

Snell just signed a 5/$50 in the spring so I would think at that price the Rays would want a haul. 

The Pham trade is still not complete. Some questions on his elbow remain. 

14 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Snell just signed a 5/$50 in the spring so I would think at that price the Rays would want a haul. 

The Pham trade is still not complete. Some questions on his elbow remain. 

Smell has four seasons of control remaining for reasonable money.

the mlb trade simulator would closely value Vaughn plus Cease for Snell, but idk if that’s even enough. If Snell were made available it would be for a haul and they would get other clubs involved. Can’t see the Rays dealing him at this stage.

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

Here’s a hair ball idea:

The entire front office deserves to be fired if the Mariners fleece them with that trade

Speaking of the Rays, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I would love to see the Sox look in to what the Rays would want for Charlie Morton. Had a Cy Young type season last year, but is old and only has 2 years left, so I could see the Rays be willing to sell high on him. I wonder if they could work out a package around Reynaldo Lopez and a couple prospects.

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Speaking of the Rays, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I would love to see the Sox look in to what the Rays would want for Charlie Morton. Had a Cy Young type season last year, but is old and only has 2 years left, so I could see the Rays be willing to sell high on him. I wonder if they could work out a package around Reynaldo Lopez and a couple prospects.

Doesn’t that go against Hahn’s comments about not wanting to compromise the extended window just to get a quick bump?

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Smell has four seasons of control remaining for reasonable money.

the mlb trade simulator would closely value Vaughn plus Cease for Snell, but idk if that’s even enough. If Snell were made available it would be for a haul and they would get other clubs involved. Can’t see the Rays dealing him at this stage.

The Rays got Meadows, Glasnow and Baz for 3 years of Archer.  Snell has 4 years and is actually good.  Robert would have to be in the deal.