Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Rank these guys from who you’d want the most to who you’d want the least:

Blake Snell, Jon Gray, German Marquez, Zac Gallen

If I'm thinking about cost as well, Marquez (even though his contract is escalating thru 2024 already, Gallen, Gray, Snell.  SNell last only because that would cost a bounty and no one here would be willing to give up anyone on the prospect list above Collins.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Doesn’t that go against Hahn’s comments about not wanting to compromise the extended window just to get a quick bump?

Last year he nearly acquired Pederson who also had 2 years left. Now Pederson only had 1 year left and we again heard they had discussions.

When he said no quick bumps, I assumed he meant 1 year deals. Morton has 1 year left, plus a club option for 2021. That's even better than 2 years guaranteed.

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Speaking of the Rays, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I would love to see the Sox look in to what the Rays would want for Charlie Morton. Had a Cy Young type season last year, but is old and only has 2 years left, so I could see the Rays be willing to sell high on him. I wonder if they could work out a package around Reynaldo Lopez and a couple prospects.

He had a hell of a year. But he is 36 so I think if you are trading Lopez, you want to get someone who would give you 3-4 years. Morton pitched almost 200 innings last year so maybe he can go to 38-39 but it would be risky. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely seems that way.  Rockies would make sense as a potential trade partner as they’re looking to cut payroll. Same goes for the Red Sox.

Blackmon still rakes but I am not very excited about adding a soon-to-be 34 year old outfielder.  I like the idea of adding Benintendi much more and extending him.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Blackmon still rakes but I am not very excited about adding a soon-to-be 34 year old outfielder.  I like the idea of adding Benintendi much more and extending him.

Oh I agree, the Rockies have the pitching we’d want though.  I also didn’t realize Blackmon was that old.  The Rockies do have other bad contracts we could look at.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely seems that way.  Rockies would make sense as a potential trade partner as they’re looking to cut payroll. Same goes for the Red Sox.

- Price/Benintendi

- Thor/Nimmo

- Marte/Musgrove (Archer)

- Gray/Blackmon

- Haniger/Gonzales

• Like 4

Just now, fathom said:

- Price/Benintendi

- Thor/Nimmo

- Marte/Musgrove (Archer)

- Gray/Blackmon

- Haniger/Gonzales

Those all seem like legit possibilities outside of probably that Mets deal.  I would prefer us taking on bad money than giving up the talent the Pirates & Mariners would be looking for.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Those all seem like legit possibilities outside of probably that Mets deal.  I would prefer us taking on bad money than giving up the talent the Pirates & Mariners would be looking for.

No matter who they get, it seems like they’re giving up something of value