Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

No chance any team takes on 3/96 entirely, even with Benintendi tossed in. Red Sox would have to include $20 million I’m thinking. 

Do you think Price could get 3/$76 on the open market?  I do.  So the next question is how much value in terms of money do you think Benintendi is worth to buy him?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He had surgery on his left wrist to have a cyst removed at the end of September.  He was not expected to miss any time in Spring Training or the regular season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisCotillo/status/1175791346243837952

“The southpaw has been dealing with a triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) cyst in his left wrist, and he is still struggling to throw breaking balls without pain.“

That is what I wanted to know. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Do you think Price could get 3/$76 on the open market?  I do.  So the next question is how much value in terms of money do you think Benintendi is worth to buy him?

Thats 25m a year...no way. He's 34 and had an injury issue. What's he projected for....2.5 wins. It will decline from there. 

And Benintendi's salary will keep rising. Thats alot of money we are taking off their plate. 

I think Beni is perfect for LF but not so much in RF. His arm isn't awesome and I don't see the power yet. Maybe it will come. He's a good player...LHH, good OBP, but I'd like some more power. 

BOS needs to eat 20m. 

16 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wouldn’t give Price 3/76 right now if he were a free agent. No way. 

Having now acquired Mazara, thus filling the RF slot, there is no longer a need for Benintendi to be included in a deal for Price. How much of Price's contract would Bloom have to assume, in order to make him appealing to our Sox? We shouldn't have to give up anyone, unless Boston is paying a significant portion of the contract.

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

Having now acquired Mazara, thus filling the RF slot, there is no longer a need for Benintendi to be included in a deal for Price. How much of Price's contract would Bloom have to assume, in order to make him appealing to our Sox? We shouldn't have to give up anyone, unless Boston is paying a significant portion of the contract.

White Sox will never assume that type of financial responsibility on a clearly declining pitcher...they will instead insist on getting a subsidy back and sell off more prospects to mitigate financial risk, leaving the minor league system barren in the process.

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Crazy that these pitching contracts all seen moveable as long as the guy is healthy. Hint hint hint Jerry Reinsdorf hint hint

Yeah, that David Price will be Uber moveable and Wil Myers will be a struggle should tell you everything about where to put your money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lillian said:

What if the White Sox flipped Mazara to the Red Sox as part of a deal? Maybe Mazara and one or more of the glutton of OF in the system?  Or maybe Dahlquist or Lambert?  Or both? For JD Martinez, Eovaldi and some cash?

Edited by CanOfCorn

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 11:22 AM, cjgalloway said:

This is pre=update.. Madrigal will stay around 40.  Chisholm will fall out of the top 100 post update.

Fangraphs has Chisholm as the Marlins top prospect in a very interesting system.  He has a sky high ceiling.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-40-prospects-miami-marlins/

Edited by Harold's Leg Lift