Sox Claim Tayron Guerrero

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Enjoy this highlight reel of Guerrero throwing gas

Dude easily reaches back and throws 100-103. Control sucks, but still really impressive.

What do you mean control sucks?!?! Didn’t you watch the video? Every pitch he throws is a strike, AND he throws 100+!!!  This guy is the greatest pitcher of all time. 

• Thanks 1

Another flamethrower with a 6 plus ERA.  Oh Goody.

What made Bobby Jenks so good was his excellent breaking pitch to set up his fastball. I still remember the hammer he threw to Guerrero to strike him out during the 2005 championship series. Still gives me  chills to think about it.

Now if this guy develops a breaking pitch and a change-up, they may strike Ellis Burke type lightening in a bottle gold.

He'll probably have to seek outside help like Gio did because the guy that masquerades as the current pitching coach will be no help to him.

"Coop will fix him" has got to be one of the biggest myths in baseball history. He has parlayed that into nice career. We should all be so fortunate.

Greg Maddux would have never been drafted by Kenny-Hahn...LOL

Edited by GradMc

Mechanics are horrible and he looks off balance on almost every pitch...but damn is that arm motion smooth and natural for a guy throwing 100+. I can see why pitching coaches would salivate over him. Needs a complete overhaul of his mechanics. Just start him in the stretch and pick his leg up and throw, simple as possible. Of course still a long shot tho 

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Mechanics are horrible and he looks off balance on almost every pitch...but damn is that arm motion smooth and natural for a guy throwing 100+. I can see why pitching coaches would salivate over him. Needs a complete overhaul of his mechanics. Just start him in the stretch and pick his leg up and throw, simple as possible. Of course still a long shot tho 

Yea, that's what they needed to do with Fulmer and his elite spin rate.  Maybe they tried and gave up; regardless, they didn't fix it.