Rick Hahn on The Score @10am

Orlando

3 minutes ago, Cashman said:

This system is too top heavy for them to make any trades. When Robert, Madrigal, and Vaughn come up, they really don't have anything down there.

It seems that way but players emerge. Some players  in  Class A this year will jump out  in AA next year.  

Just now, SCCWS said:

It seems that way but players emerge. Some players  in  Class A this year will jump out  in AA next year.  

The Sox are not know to develop players. All that I mentioned were highly regarded. The only one I might think would develop and I am interested in is Basabe. Steele Walker doesn't excite me, Sheets doesn't excite me, Adolfo doesn't excite me, and Rutherford doesn't excite me.

9 minutes ago, Cashman said:

The Sox are not know to develop players. All that I mentioned were highly regarded. The only one I might think would develop and I am interested in is Basabe. Steele Walker doesn't excite me, Sheets doesn't excite me, Adolfo doesn't excite me, and Rutherford doesn't excite me.

But guys like Dunning,  Foster, Flores and Lambert were all added to 40 man so they must "excite" the FO some. 

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

But that requires development and as that Driveline study last year showed, we were far and away the worst organization at developing players.

Agree but Anderson, Moncada and Eloy have shown to be solid additions and we shall see w Vaughn, Robert and Madrigal.  If we get 5 or 6 that is pretty good production even if a couple got partial development elsewhere.  

4 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Agree but Anderson, Moncada and Eloy have shown to be solid additions and we shall see w Vaughn, Robert and Madrigal.  If we get 5 or 6 that is pretty good production even if a couple got partial development elsewhere.  

Well yeah, but the point is the pipeline to trade from likely won't develop because we no longer will be picking at the top of the draft or trading useful major leaguers away.

21 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

But guys like Dunning,  Foster, Flores and Lambert were all added to 40 man so they must "excite" the FO some. 

Gotta get excited about a guy that has 62IP above A ball at 23yrs old and coming off TJ, a Soon to be 25yr old with almost 100IP above A ball, and a 25yr old with less than 100IP above A ball.

Pretty much as expected. The only part I thought was interesting was when Rick said some agents have a buy it now price. I was thinking it was too bad RAy Ray wasn't around to correct him.

I did think Bruce's little nugget at the end with the quick signing was interesting,  and I do agree it seemed like it was Ryu he was hinting at. Especially after they quizzed Hahn on Grandal perhaps endorsing Ryu and Hahn implying he had.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Pretty much as expected. The only part I thought was interesting was when Rick said some agents have a but it now price. I was thinking it was too bad RAy Ray wasn't around to correct him.

I did think Bruce's little nugget at the end with the quick signing was interesting,  and I do agree it seemed like it was Ryu he was hinting at. Especially after they quizzed Hahn on Grandal perhaps endorsing Ryu and Hahn implying he had.

Can you elaborate on what was said with regard to the quick signing nugget at the end?