Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Orlando

Rick Hahn on The Score @10am

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Cashman said:

Pretty much saying they are getting the 1yr more option outta Kopech.

Everybody here was convinced they would play the service time game with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it for what it’s worth but Bruce says he really believes the Sox will sign someone (SP) BEFORE the meetings. Says the Sox don’t wanna take this into the winter meetings and get caught up in the “atmosphere”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orlando said:

Take it for what it’s worth but Bruce says he really believes the Sox will sign someone (SP) BEFORE the meetings. Says the Sox don’t wanna take this into the winter meetings and get caught up in the “atmosphere”

Bruce is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This system is too top heavy for them to make any trades. When Robert, Madrigal, and Vaughn come up, they really don't have anything down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cashman said:

This system is too top heavy for them to make any trades. When Robert, Madrigal, and Vaughn come up, they really don't have anything down there.

It seems that way but players emerge. Some players  in  Class A this year will jump out  in AA next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SCCWS said:

It seems that way but players emerge. Some players  in  Class A this year will jump out  in AA next year.  

The Sox are not know to develop players. All that I mentioned were highly regarded. The only one I might think would develop and I am interested in is Basabe. Steele Walker doesn't excite me, Sheets doesn't excite me, Adolfo doesn't excite me, and Rutherford doesn't excite me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah Bruce implying Ryu by the sound of it.

He or MadBum may make the most sense since we really need a LH starter especially w Rodon still out for a while.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

It seems that way but players emerge. Some players  in  Class A this year will jump out  in AA next year.  

But that requires development and as that Driveline study last year showed, we were far and away the worst organization at developing players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cashman said:

The Sox are not know to develop players. All that I mentioned were highly regarded. The only one I might think would develop and I am interested in is Basabe. Steele Walker doesn't excite me, Sheets doesn't excite me, Adolfo doesn't excite me, and Rutherford doesn't excite me.

But guys like Dunning,  Foster, Flores and Lambert were all added to 40 man so they must "excite" the FO some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

But that requires development and as that Driveline study last year showed, we were far and away the worst organization at developing players.

Agree but Anderson, Moncada and Eloy have shown to be solid additions and we shall see w Vaughn, Robert and Madrigal.  If we get 5 or 6 that is pretty good production even if a couple got partial development elsewhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Agree but Anderson, Moncada and Eloy have shown to be solid additions and we shall see w Vaughn, Robert and Madrigal.  If we get 5 or 6 that is pretty good production even if a couple got partial development elsewhere.  

Well yeah, but the point is the pipeline to trade from likely won't develop because we no longer will be picking at the top of the draft or trading useful major leaguers away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, South Sider said:

Ahhh Bruce. Accidentally called Steve Cishek Steve Madden, that was a nice laugh. 

I thought I heard that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

But guys like Dunning,  Foster, Flores and Lambert were all added to 40 man so they must "excite" the FO some. 

Gotta get excited about a guy that has 62IP above A ball at 23yrs old and coming off TJ, a Soon to be 25yr old with almost 100IP above A ball, and a 25yr old with less than 100IP above A ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
1
1 hour ago, bmags said:

Just asked about grandmas success with Ryu, dodger by Hahn.

 

edit: grandal obviously

this is his nickname now forever

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much as expected. The only part I thought was interesting was when Rick said some agents have a buy it now price. I was thinking it was too bad RAy Ray wasn't around to correct him.

I did think Bruce's little nugget at the end with the quick signing was interesting,  and I do agree it seemed like it was Ryu he was hinting at. Especially after they quizzed Hahn on Grandal perhaps endorsing Ryu and Hahn implying he had.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Pretty much as expected. The only part I thought was interesting was when Rick said some agents have a but it now price. I was thinking it was too bad RAy Ray wasn't around to correct him.

I did think Bruce's little nugget at the end with the quick signing was interesting,  and I do agree it seemed like it was Ryu he was hinting at. Especially after they quizzed Hahn on Grandal perhaps endorsing Ryu and Hahn implying he had.

Can you elaborate on what was said with regard to the quick signing nugget at the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×