Kopech and post TJ in general

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'd be surprised if they let him throw that many innings.  I figure he'd be in the 110-120 range.  

He threw about 140 in 2018. So his limit will be at least that probably up to 150-160 depending on fatigue. 

43 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't think they'll want to set a career high in innings the first year off injury.  He has to build back up to that. 

I think they will. He had a ligament injury and has 16 months of rehab already. His muscles just need to improve endurance. It's fairly standard. However, they have been extremely conservative with him, including not returning last year so you may be right.

• Like 1

Never going to have a fresher, stronger arm than this season, right? From everything I've ever read coming back from Tommy can add some mph and a ton of strength to the tendon. We will see. I just hope he finds a solid, manageable pitch speed that is still effective and sustainable. This rebuild is kind of dependent on him, cease and Gio being near elite.

24 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He will be on a flexible restriction. Hahn said they are using analytics to determine how much he should pitch. I think he comes up in June to pitch for the rest of the season, unless they believe he is wearing out. 

I thought his quote was that they weren't using "numbers" but were going by how he felt and his fatigue.

9 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Never going to have a fresher, stronger arm than this season, right? From everything I've ever read coming back from Tommy can add some mph and a ton of strength to the tendon. We will see. I just hope he finds a solid, manageable pitch speed that is still effective and sustainable. This rebuild is kind of dependent on him, cease and Gio being near elite.

Ergo...Grandal / McCann are the ideal battery mates for a young & developing staff.

• Like 1