Passan on Winter Meetings

bmags

I'd recommend reading this, though the sox part won't blow your mind.

http://espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28258331/gerrit-cole-watch-big-spenders-more-passan-answers-20-winter-meetings-questions

Ten teams ostensibly fall into this grouping, though there are some caveats. The Toronto Blue Jays keep saying they're going to expand their payroll, but the industry tends to collectively nod and say, "uh-huh" because they still haven't. That team used to be the Chicago White Sox, until they gave $73 million to Yasmani Grandal and $50 million to Jose Abreu and offered $125 million to Zack Wheeler only to see him take $118 million from the Phillies instead. Cole and Stephen Strasburg may prove too rich for these profligate White Sox's blood, even though either would be perfect to lead their rotation. That doesn't mean Chicago is done. Ditto Cincinnati, which missed on Grandal and Wheeler but gave Mike Moustakas $64 million and has tens of millions more to spend.

If there are any other good winter meeting previews feel free to post here.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I'd recommend reading this, though the sox part won't blow your mind.

http://espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28258331/gerrit-cole-watch-big-spenders-more-passan-answers-20-winter-meetings-questions

If there are any other good winter meeting previews feel free to post here.

Not sure they even have one in stock,  but saw an MSN article today listing GM's on the hot seat. Our very own Rick Hahn was listed.  I stopped reading the article at that point. 

• Haha 1