Dallas Keuchel (discussion)...come on down!

steveno89

5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

After they sign a RF none of those guys remaining in the minors have any path to the MLB as a starter.  The same could be said about the pitchers in the minors unless Lopez doesn't bounce back.  They have some pieces to trade.  What kind of specifics do you want? Nobody knows what pitchers are actually available from other teams outside of a couple.

I want German Marquez from the Rockies.  I have no idea if he's available or what they would even take in return.  Kind of hard to be specific when we aren't Rick Hahn.

We are finally on the same page.  A pitcher like Marquez who is young and has big upside would be a great piece.  We are going to have to hope some of them step up though because outside our top 5, I don't see pieces that would nab a pitcher like that.  That's why I worry that we sometimes overvalue our talent compared to the rest of the league.  After waiting 11 years, I guess one more year of patience won't change anything.  FYI, do you give Ozuna or Castellanos 4/$70 to get one piece over with:)?

3 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

We are finally on the same page.  A pitcher like Marquez who is young and has big upside would be a great piece.  We are going to have to hope some of them step up though because outside our top 5, I don't see pieces that would nab a pitcher like that.  That's why I worry that we sometimes overvalue our talent compared to the rest of the league.  After waiting 11 years, I guess one more year of patience won't change anything.  FYI, do you give Ozuna or Castellanos 4/$70 to get one piece over with:)?

I want Castellanos because I think his bat plays better and he ages better.  His defense is bad but I'm not overly concerned about that if he's hitting 50 doubles and 30 HR a year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I want Castellanos because I think his bat plays better and he ages better.  His defense is bad but I'm not overly concerned about that if he's hitting 50 doubles and 30 HR a year.

Asking prices for Ozuna and Castellanos are currently outrageous. You aren’t hearing much about their markets for a reason.

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Asking prices for Ozuna and Castellanos are currently outrageous. You aren’t hearing much about their markets for a reason.

How do you know this?  I haven’t seen any numbers thrown around for these guys.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How do you know this?  I haven’t seen any numbers thrown around for these guys.

The Moustakas four year, $64 million deal has Castellanos and Ozuna’s camps seeing dollar signs. Both are asking for five year deals around $100 million.

pass on both at that cost

4 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I think either is fine for around what Grandal got. I thought Castellanos would get around 16 per before FA started.  Clearly the market is different this year

• 2 years later...
  • Texsox locked this topic