Ryu to Jays - 4 yr/80 mil

ron883

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

One of those reasons I've always preferred Keuchal.

The time Bum missed in 2017 and 2018 were a dirt bike accident and getting hit by a line drive, He was back over 200 IP again last year for the 7th time in 9 years and both those years were freak injuries. I think last year was a nice recovery year from him as evidenced by his increased spin rate and there's a decent chance he is even better in 2020  but still not convinced he won't be way overpaid.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Blu Jays are such a weird team. I can't ever understand what they are doing. I'd rather if Sox are interested they bid at last minute and avoid another Wheeler egg face moment. Seems to me Heyman is just using Jays right now for Boras.

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Blu Jays are such a weird team. I can't ever understand what they are doing. I'd rather if Sox are interested they bid at last minute and avoid another Wheeler egg face moment. Seems to me Heyman is just using Jays right now for Boras.

Yes, kinda weird but they will have their nice prospects up so makes sense to provide some additional support

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:30 AM, SoCalChiSox said:

So if we sign Ryu for a reasonable three year deal...someone should tweet "You win....perfect!" at Hahn.

Ah, yes....more StreetFighter II references. 

If you remember, Ken and Ryu were basically the same character....no difference between them. Ken had the Haudoken as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just offer him 5/$100M. Front load it so we’re not paying much in years four and five: 24, 24, 24, 14, 14

Do front loaded deals like that even exist? Or will he never accept that because he might as well just take a 3 year deal with the assumption that he can beat those last two years with another contract?

19 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Just offer him 5/$100M. Front load it so we’re not paying much in years four and five: 24, 24, 24, 14, 14

Do front loaded deals like that even exist? Or will he never accept that because he might as well just take a 3 year deal with the assumption that he can beat those last two years with another contract?

5 years for Ryu is a disaster waiting to happen. Yuck. 

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Man, that's just sad. I don't think the Sox are at all in on him. If they were and Rosenthal heard something, he wouldn't have forgotten to add them in 4 minutes after his first tweet.

Well to be fair he’s not saying what teams are interested he’s saying what teams need starters.

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Man, that's just sad. I don't think the Sox are at all in on him. If they were and Rosenthal heard something, he wouldn't have forgotten to add them in 4 minutes after his first tweet.

He wasn’t listing teams interested in Ryu. He was listing teams that need starting pitching. 

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Ryu to Jays - 4 yr/80 mil