Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

Lol this place is going to be a shitshow if that happens.  I really don't love it, but I definitely prefer it to other moves.  He's a 1 year stop gap, only way he is here more than that is if improves drastically in 2020.

But I really hope the return is nothing of note.  Honestly, it should just be org filler. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Lol this place is going to be a shitshow if that happens.  I really don't love it, but I definitely prefer it to other moves.  He's a 1 year stop gap, only way he is here more than that is if improves drastically in 2020.

But I really hope the return is nothing of note.  Honestly, it should just be org filler. 

It’s going to be bye bye stiever

Just now, fathom said:

The return makes me nervous. Marlins backed away the other day cause asking price was high.

Same. I would not be totally opposed to getting him, but he's totally a guy who is a work-in-progress. He's still just 24 years old, so there is still room for him to break out with the bat. Kind of feels like the Avi trade all over again.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

2 years left, and you are going to be quite upset at what they give up if you think it’s filler.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Same. I would not be totally opposed to getting him, but he's totally a guy who is a work-in-progress. He's still just 24 years old, so there is still room for him to break out with the bat. Kind of feels like the Avi trade all over again.

Avi had 6 years of control. Mazara is a goner if he sucks and he will test free agency in 2021 if he indeed does break out. SIgn Dickerson as a stop gap. It's not like Mazara is a gold glover out there.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

2 years left, and you are going to be quite upset at what they give up if you think it’s filler.

Its a non guaranteed contract.  You can non tender him if he sucks.

Do you know something, or just being negative? 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic