Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

I’m not going to get worked up until I see the return. Possible it could be a buy low situation.

Buying is not the problem. He sucks and if you want to win, you need to do better. We have money to spend so he shouldn't be on our radar, unless we sign Cole. 

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Avi had 6 years of control. Mazara is a goner if he sucks and he will test free agency in 2021 if he indeed does break out. SIgn Dickerson as a stop gap. It's not like Mazara is a gold glover out there.

That's true, so hopefully the cost is not much. Dickerson is not exactly know for his glove either. Only good glove RF out there is Calhoun, but he's old. I guess if you're going to roll the dice on someone, might as be a young guy? 

1. Robert (R)
  2. Moncada (S)
  3. Abreu (R)
  4. Grandal (S)
  5. Jimenez (R)
  6. Anderson (S)
  7. McCann/Collins (R/L) 
  8. Mazara (L)
  9. Madrigal (R)

That's not horrible. At least it's better than last year 🤷‍♂️? Sox must really be hoping for a buy-low move, or this doesn't make any sense.

I don't mind it. I like Mazara. Still young and has untapped potential. 

Hopefully it doesn't cost too much. If they can get away with an OF swap for Rutherford/Gonzalez I'm fine with it. 

I know that he only has 2 years of control left, but it's not like there are better options. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

The amount of smoke around this makes me feel a deal is imminent. Hope I'm wrong. This isn't a "wow" name.

Yeah, me too. As long as it doesn't cost one of Dunning/Stiever/ Matt Thompson/Dalquist I'm fine. Those are the guys I'm freaked out about them trading in a deal like this. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic