Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Like everyone said, it depends who we give up. Straight up for Fulmer and either Basabe, Adolfo, or Rutherford(which I hope not) may be a fair deal. But even so like I said, we have this player in our minor league system, Rutherford may be able to duplicate Mazara.

Rutherford doesn't have the power Mazara does. If they trade Walker, that gives Basabe/Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez another year or two to make a name for themselves. 

Out of all of the players the Sox could trade, either Rutherford or Gonzalez I'd miss the least. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Rutherford doesn't have the power Mazara does. If they trade Walker, that gives Basabe/Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez another year to make a name for themselves. 

Walker is my 2nd favorite guy of that group.  I am trading Gonzalez and Rutherford WAYYY before Walker.

• Love 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Mazara is only 14 months older than Walker.

Hah, that is kind of wild.  But one will be dirt cheap and has 6 years of control.  The other is basically on a 2 year/$15M deal and he's already proven to a slightly better than replacement level player. 

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

But with less years of control and 4 years of offensive and defensive mediocrity.

I mean... you're holding being in the big leagues by the same age as Walker was as a sophomore in college against him. 

Walker would have been significantly worse in the MLB even last year than mazara was as a 20 year old.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Me too. 

Basabe, Walker, Adolfo imo. 

Adolfo........................Walker.................Basabe............................................Rutherford.........Gonzalez for me. 

But I am admittedly an Adolfo stan. 

• Thanks 2

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic