Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

Just now, Chisox378 said:

I hope it's not Walker, his K to BB is excellent... He may be a very good hitter...

If I were the Sox I would have rather signed Matt Duffy and there him in RF.

Walker IS a very good hitter. How much his power plays is the big thing as he projects on an OF corner, though he has played some CF. In fact some scouting services thought his hit tool was bested by only Madrigal in his draft class. 

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

My last thoughts: there is a chance this works out very good for Sox. If the rays just traded for him we’d all be expecting a turnaround. But he went to the Sox...

Again, you have to just hope he finds massive power like Soler.

Not sure what we “get” with another cost controlled guy though.

Yeah, the bottom part is the big thing for me.

If they're going to save money in RF too, where are they going to spend? They better be landing somethibg big if they're going the cheap route in right as well.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Going from -2 WAR to 1 WAR in RF is an upgrade, and the money spent for this season is tolerable. 

Giving up anything of value, even guys we're down on, is the part that I say ugh to. 

$5.7 and a player for Mazara
$10 million for Calhoun

Unless the player is nearly worthless doesn't everyone pick Calhoun in that case?

I hated the idea of Calhoun and couldn’t imagine them doing worse than Kole.

I’m impressed.  They did worse than I thought.

Just now, GGajewski18 said:

I'd 100% give up Walker for Mazara.  We know Mazara can mash against righties at the ML level.  We don't know what Walker is and they are very similar in age.

If Mazara had 6 years of control that's one thing. He has substantially less, and is being paid well already.

Just now, QBBrian13 said:

It’s rumors like this that really make me think ... “you know, I could really be a GM of a baseball team.”

Can anyone confirm, was Osuna’s flight was delayed an entire day???

I’d be a great GM I just need a shot.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This isn’t even official yet and people already want to jump off a cliff. Lol.

It’s a guy the Sox were rumored to have tried to trade for last season, it’s being reported by Merkin, our manager is openly discussing the player.  There was also just a tweet about how Rick Hahn has to go talk to Jon Daniels.

It’s happening.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This isn’t even official yet and people already want to jump off a cliff. Lol.

I’d be intrigued if they get him. I’d rather see them exhaust other possibilities, but if it comes to Mazara joining the Sox, I’d be optimistic for him getting on track with us at 25.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic