Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

That's great, but what did it have to do with my comment? Rabbit is alluding that the Sox might not be all that interested.

Is he saying that, or because they are friends they may work out a trade for Mazara?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that would be fucking horrible.  any prospect with a pulse for Mazara is how you get Shields 2.0

I don't think that Rutherford and Fulmer have much of a pulse. They're both 40 minutes into cardiac arrest. 5 minutes from being pronounced dead. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently, we should just disregard WAR numbers completely in evaluating players...

When's the last time we took a position player off the "scrap heap" and turned him into a productive player?  Coached him up?

Alejandro de Aza?  Palka, I guess, for one year.  Narvaez.  Who we, in turn, believed in so strongly that we traded him for a "fairly-paid" reliever that any team could have had his comparable equivalent for just salary in Free Agency.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not a huge tools guy but Rutherford has them in spades.  1 time out of 10 he puts it together and is an All-Star in 3 years.   You don't trade that for a .5 WAR player well into arb.

Rutherford is never going to make it before the Sox have to remove him from the 40 man.  Carson is out of options and has no chance to survive the first month of the season - and is probably a long shot to head north with the team.  Its trading nothing for something.  

Giving up Steele Walker is completely different.  Put him in a package for some SP.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not a huge tools guy but Rutherford has them in spades.  1 time out of 10 he puts it together and is an All-Star in 3 years.   You don't trade that for a .5 WAR player well into arb.

Rutherford, best case, is Ryan Sweeney part deux. Worst case he washes out. 

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Maybe this is just Hahn doing his good friend Jon Daniels a favor by trying to raise the price on Mazara for Miami.

You really think Hahn would leak fake interest in a player to try and get a competitor to get a better return? That wouldn’t only be a fireable offense, it would be bannable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic