Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

That isn’t true. Against RHP he is. There’s no argument there. 

His career wRC+ against RHP is 103, so he's slightly above an average hitter against righties on his career. That doesn't fit my definition of "Very productive". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pal said:

Sorry if it's already been brought up or refuted, but this Mazara stuff seems leaked to put another teams feet to the fire to finish off a trade.

Yeah, Rick has a lot of free time doing nothing. He is probably just helping his buddy in Texas get a better return from the Marlins 

5 minutes ago, Pal said:

Sorry if it's already been brought up or refuted, but this Mazara stuff seems leaked to put another teams feet to the fire to finish off a trade.

White Sox offer Madison Bumgarner 4 years and $90 million to drive up the price for the Twins, believing that they'll be willing to top it up to $100 million and hamstring themselves financially for the next 2-3 years.

Congrats, White Sox, you just overpaid for a #4 starter and made it easier for the Twins over the next 3-4 years of overlapping contention windows.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

His career wRC+ against RHP is 103, so he's slightly above an average hitter against righties on his career. That doesn't fit my definition of "Very productive". 

Career? He’s 24 years old. His wRC+ last year against RHP was 110. I take development into account. Just like I would Moncada and other young players. 

8 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

Career OPS .799 against RHP 

If he was a premium defender, it would make a lot of sense...of course, the Rangers SHOULDN'T so easily be willing to give up on a prospect they developed as they are/were heading into a brand-new facility.

It would be like the White Sox dealing Avi before 2017 for pennies on the dollar.   Of course, in that situation, he actually did have ONE breakout season in him.  Everyone would have said Hahn was a complete idiot for giving him up for nothing when he was about to realize his full potential.

But after 2018, everyone was back to giving up on him again.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

Career? He’s 24 years old. His wRC+ last year against RHP was 110. I take development into account. Just like I would Moncada and other young players. 

Supported by a higher BABIP against righties than he's had in any other season in his career, which is a risk any time you select out half a season worth of plate appearancnes.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

There really are some similarities here:https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/jorge-soler-624585?stats=career-r-hitting-mlb

Soler started making more good contact and using his strength. Mazara can kill a baseball but appears to make a lot of weak contact. It's a risk in both time and resources, but you can see why someone could think they can make that talent work.

8 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

What’s a bad deal? We don’t even know what the deal is.  If platooned with someone who hits LHP, it could potentially work. 

Giving up anything of value for this guy when he’s simply been meh and is a free agent in 2 years, does nothing to push you into your contending window and will cost you your 2018 2nd round pick if the rumors are true. Terrible in just about every aspect other than he fills a position of need and is a left handed bat. Underwhelming acquisition at best 

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox offer Madison Bumgarner 4 years and $90 million to drive up the price for the Twins, believing that they'll be willing to top it up to $100 million and hamstring themselves financially for the next 2-3 years.

Congrats, White Sox, you just overpaid for a #4 starter and made it easier for the Twins over the next 3-4 years of overlapping contention windows.

Huh?

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Giving up anything of value for this guy when he’s simply been meh and is a free agent in 2 years, does nothing to push you into your contending window and will cost you your 2018 2nd round pick if the rumors are true. Terrible in just about every aspect other than he fills a position of need and is a left handed bat. Underwhelming acquisition at best 

I agree but let’s see what the deal is. What’s anything of value? 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Supported by a higher BABIP against righties than he's had in any other season in his career, which is a risk any time you select out half a season worth of plate appearancnes.

Again I ask, career? His 2019 plate appearances account for over 20% of his career plate appearances. He’s 24. Let’s not hyperventilate here folks. Depending on what the Sox give up, the deal can be more than fine and productive for the Sox. 

Edited by Stealth G.O.A.T.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic