Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

Against I ask, career? His 2019 platE appearances account for over 20% of his career plate appearances. He’s 24. Let’s not hyperventilate here folks. Depending on what the Sox give up, the deal can be more than fine and productive for the Sox. 

Best case scenario he explodes and walks in free agency 2 years from now, yet once again doing nothing for the window of contention, why that is so hard to understand I don’t know. When you can sign a for sure thing offensively and have them for the majority of your contention window without having to give up anything? The move makes no sense unless you are trying to be cute and save some money

Just now, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

Against I ask, career? His 2019 plate appearances account for over 20% of his career plate appearances. He’s 24. Let’s not hyperventilate here folks. Depending on what the Sox give up, the deal can be more than fine and productive for the Sox. 

I have no idea what this means. 

Every other year of his career, his BABIP against RHP has been close to .300. In 2019, it was .340, in an injury shortened season, and half a season of PAs can easily produce anomalies like that.

4 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

I agree but let’s see what the deal is. What’s anything of value? 

I don’t see the fit regardless of player’s position and being a left handed hitter, his stats are underwhelming and anything other than a fringe prospect would be an overpayment. I would rather take the wait and see approach then bring him in and give up a decent prospect for a guy who you won’t control for any real length of time 

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Best case scenario he explodes and walks in free agency 2 years from now, yet once again doing nothing for the window of contention, why that is so hard to understand I don’t know. When you can sign a for sure thing offensively and have them for the majority of your contention window without having to give up anything? The move makes no sense unless you are trying to be cute and save some money

It's not even saving that much money because he's in his last two arbitration years.

They wouldn't lose a draft pick, but let's say he has a great 2020 but the White Sox miss the playoffs...his arbitration number is well over $10 million and they're carrying a player on the roster who will bolt for FA.

Getting a draft pick back in 2022 won't do much of anything for the contention window.

Best case scenario, he takes off like Carlos Quentin in 2008 and they deal him for a huge return...but that's, once again, not really helping the contention window, and nobody's going to give up a a lot of talent until he proves he can sustain it for more than one season (see Avi Garcia.)

Credit to @crazedrat1:

Career per 162: 

Nomar Mazara, 25, L/L 
.261 24 93 .320 .435 .754
2 years team control

Nicholas Castellanos, 28, R/R
.277 22 84 .326 .471 .797
Seeking 4 to 5 years 18 to 20mm per

LF Marcell Ozuna, 29, R/R
.272 26 94 .329 .455 .784
3 to 4 yr @ 15mm to 18mm per

i don’t get why everyone is freaking out 

3 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Credit to @crazedrat1:

Career per 162: 

Nomar Mazara, 25, L/L 
2 years team control

I like him for, but not for Steele Walker. Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford ok.

4 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Credit to @crazedrat1:

Career per 162: 

Nomar Mazara, 25, L/L 
2 years team control

What are those Castellanos numbers? 

edit: oh gtfo with career/162 numbers. Castellanos has averaged 20% better than average offense the last 4 years, nobody is going to hamstring him for his terrible first year, and subsequent two years that looked like Nomar Mazara.

28 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

There aren’t sure things in free agency. I can appreciate their position. It all boils down to what they have to give up. There’s a lot of upside. Especially if used properly. 

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

They have Marisnick they don't need any more OFs.  They have like 6

The rumor is the Mets want Marte, and would be willing to move Nimmo for him.  Why?  I don’t know.  I would just keep Nimmo.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

29 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I have no idea what this means. 

Every other year of his career, his BABIP against RHP has been close to .300. In 2019, it was .340, in an injury shortened season, and half a season of PAs can easily produce anomalies like that.

It was edited to read “Again”. 2019 is over 20% of his career plate appearances. He’s 24. I see development and more upside. 

26 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I don’t see the fit regardless of player’s position and being a left handed hitter, his stats are underwhelming and anything other than a fringe prospect would be an overpayment. I would rather take the wait and see approach then bring him in and give up a decent prospect for a guy who you won’t control for any real length of time 

I’m not opposed to that either. I just wouldn’t flip out over this player. Especially since we don’t know the deal. 

1 minute ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

It was edited to read “Again”. 2019 is over 20% of his career plate appearances. He’s 24. I see development and more upside. 

And I see development and upside in many of the players that we could give away, and a history of dramatically overpaying for veterans in trades, and free agency 2 years away even if Mazara turns out to develop.

If we get him at a reasonable cost I won't complain, but it has to literally be a pittance given his contract status. Trust for a GM is earned, not given away, and this GM has taught me well not to trust his judgment at all when it comes to trading for big leaguers. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic