Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

If those are the only 2 prospects we have of real merit, we won't be rolling.  You'll need more, if for no other reason, to trade WHEN you are rolling (versus off of 72 wins)

They aren’t the only ones who have merit, its that they’re unlikely to have a spot here before their options are up, or they need to be 40 manned or whatever

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I’m guessing Stiever and Rutherford 

If they give up both guys for Mazara then Hahn should be fired on the spot.  The move is already highly questionable given the fact Mazara isn’t very good and is only under team control for two years.  Even if they’re able to unleash him, he’s going to be a free agent right in the middle of our window.  If you’re going to gamble on someone like this, at least pick someone where the upside is worst the risk.  This is just mind boggling to me and makes me question what in the fuck the actual plan is.

Just now, GreenSox said:

If those are the only 2 prospects we have of real merit, we won't be rolling.  You'll need more, if for no other reason, to trade WHEN you are rolling (versus off of 72 wins)

He specifically said bring up when you're rolling.

They just don't have that many spots on the diamond. SS, LF, CF, C, 1B and 3B are filled. 2B, RF, and DH is all you got. If Madrigal and Vaughn are the guys there, then they dont really need prospect push for another 4-5 years to replace pieces.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If they give up both guys for Mazara then Hahn should be fired on the spot.  The move is already highly questionable given the fact Mazara isn’t very good and is only under team control for two years.  Even if they’re able to unleash him, he’s going to be a free agent right in the middle of our window.  If you’re going to gamble on someone like this, at least pick someone where the upside is worst the risk.  This is just mind boggling to me and makes me question what in the fuck the actual plan is.

And his agent is Boras, so in the unlikely event that Mazara DOES break out in the next two seasons the Sox would have control of him for, Boras would take him to free agency.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

Career Stats vs RHP for Benintendi and Mazara, respectively:

vs RHP 449   1536 1348 219 387 95 12 41 200 44 9 157 265 .287 .363 .467 .830 629 23 12 4 15 9 8 .327 108
vs RHP 503   1615 1448 201 393 76 4 64 240 5 4 138 320 .271 .337 .462 .799 669 31 13 0 16 11 16 .305 112

Mazara has been the better power bat, but Benintendi has the better OBP. They're actually pretty close, vs. RHP. However, he is considerably worse vs LHP.

I assume that Mazara's arm is better suited for RF, than Benintendi's. He's also one year younger than Benintendi. 

Edited by Lillian

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You better hide the knives.  

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Trade for Mazara, DH him, then sign Castellanos, then sign Keuchel (meh) and call it an offseason. F it. 

How f***ing bad have things gotten if Castellanos is the guy we're putting out in the field because someone else's defense is worse?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Career Stats vs RHP for Benintendi and Mazara, respectively:

vs RHP 449   1536 1348 219 387 95 12 41 200 44 9 157 265 .287 .363 .467 .830 629 23 12 4 15 9 8 .327 108
vs RHP 503   1615  1448 201 393 76 4 64 240 5 4 138 320 .271 .337 .462 .799 669 31 13 0 16 11 16 .305 112

Is this Lillian's swap meet? Where's Benetti when you need him?

Perhaps Hahn's reticence to include Vaughn and Madrigal as someone stated explains why we are forced to try and buy low on someone with upside who can hit righties well but has alot of flaws.

If you don't have a lot of quality depth and you won't trade top tier prospects (and he shouldn't do so, I agree) this is all we can do outside of using payroll flexibility to absorb a bad contract as the means of compensation which they seem to be doing in talks with BOS for Benintendi.

That's the only two ways to do it if you are in that position. Hopefully we will get something done that's decent.

2 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Vinnie Duber and Chuck acted like Mazara was a good fielder on nbcsports.... some people here are acting like he’s awful.  What’s the real answer?

I don’t know anything about Duber but Chuck is a homer so I’m not surprised.  The defensive metrics say Mazara is bad.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He specifically said bring up when you're rolling.

They just don't have that many spots on the diamond. SS, LF, CF, C, 1B and 3B are filled. 2B, RF, and DH is all you got. If Madrigal and Vaughn are the guys there, then they dont really need prospect push for another 4-5 years to replace pieces.

That's if you want a 2-3 year window like the Royals.   You should ALWAYS have a prospect push.  Injuries, upgrades, etc.   That's what drafts and international signings are for.  Good FOs don't rely on top 5 picks or good prospects only when they tank..  And this org. hasn't shown any ability to be above the bottom quartile via the draft (they're better at international signings, the rare times they bother trying).

Edited by GreenSox

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re nuts bro and must be related to someone in the front office.  Probably Koenig.

You love walker. Giving up stiever would be absurd. Giving up walker is whatever. 

I said I'm not a fan of the move, but if it predicates a bigger move because it's a cheaper option than Ozuna/Castellanos then I'm good with the gamble. Mazara isnt a talentless bum. He'd be worth the move if something bigger opened up due to it. that's the only thing I said.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic