Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

What the hell is this? I go away for like 2 hours to do some work after non stop checking all day and see this? Hahn and co must really not give a shit. Trading for this guy with the options still available in free agency is a slap in the face of all whitesox fans when they say the money will be spent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Other than Mazara being a left handed hitter what does he really add to the Sox  that  bringing back Avi Garcia wouldn’t?

He mashes RH pitching instead of LH pitching.  Better platoon partner for Leury/Engel. 

Just to clarify, I wouldn't be very pleased, if they settle for Mazara, as their right fielder for 2020, especially if he costs any decent prospects. The Benintendi comps were just for information purposes, not an attempt to argue for Mazara's acquisition.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we are likely looking at carrying an extra OFer with the increased roster size next year, right? Given Mazara’s upside, I don’t see this as a problem, provided the price is right and other OF options are still being explored. I’m higher on Mazara’s offensive potential than anyone else seems to be, though.

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Who cares when there are other high quality free agents out there. This dude does not help you win anything. Yes he’s only 24 years old but he’s not moving the needle one way shape or form

Someone asked what he provides that Avi doesn't. I answered the question. 

Just now, ScottyDo said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we are likely looking at carrying an extra OFer with the increased roster size next year, right? Given Mazara’s upside, I don’t see this as a problem, provided the price is right and other OF options are still being explored. I’m higher on Mazara’s offensive potential than anyone else seems to be, though.

If his role is a utility player then I’m okay with it but if he’s your everyday right fielder as of today/tomorrow when castellanos, Calhoun, and Ozuna are still out there this is a failure by management 

1 minute ago, ScottyDo said:

Extra catcher.  Sox will carry 3 catchers, as will several other teams I imagine. 

55 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I dont mind Mazara. Lots of untapped potential. For rebuilds to work you have to hit on some unexpected players. If he works out great, if not then you move on from him in a year. 

There is lots of talent there with him 

You are right about that. There were a few guys with untapped potential on the 05 team and broke out that year.

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Someone asked what he provides that Avi doesn't. I answered the question. 

I get it. He is good at hitting vs right handed pitching and is a left handed hitter, but this is just such a Whitesox move, very frustrating to see mediocrity continue with these guys

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Stop carrying water for this front office. Mazara being the starting right fielder next year would be extremely disappointing.

LOL. I wrote the article last year accusing people of carrying water for this front office. You got the wrong guy, man. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Stop carrying water for this front office. Mazara being the starting right fielder next year would be extremely disappointing.

He’d be a platoon player with the potential, at 24 years old, to develop more. If the majority of his AB’s are against RHP, there’s nothing disappointing about that. He’s very productive. 

1 minute ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

He’d be a platoon player with the potential, at 24 years old, to develop more. If the majority of his AB’s are against RHP, there’s nothing disappointing about that. He’s very productive. 

He’s not very productive however you look at it.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic