Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, MyNamesRod said:

i wouldn’t hate the move. But it does tell us that they aren’t trying to win next year. 

The epiphany is...they aren’t trying to win period! Mint $, pretend to try (like the cheapskate who reaches for his wallet and pretends he’s willing to pay), and keep going.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Like Fulmer + Gonzalez/Rutherford feels like the right return for me.  Can't see how you'd give up more than that.  

Given that Mazara is going to be a 2nd year arb player this year, those guys already seem a little heavy to me. A dip in production next year and he's a non-tender candidate.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I agree.  Definitely not excited about it, even if the return is something like that or less. 

I don’t like this move, but if it happens, I’ll try to reserve judgment until I see how the entire offseason unfolds. If it means we spend big on pitching, I’ll be fine with it. 

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Like Fulmer + Gonzalez/Rutherford feels like the right return for me.  Can't see how you'd give up more than that.  

Yea I'd be fine with that (moreso Gonzalez than Rutherford) Otherwise... no.

Edited by SoxAce

2016 this guy was a consensus top 20 prospect.BP had him at 5. His manager was on MLBN yesterday and said it was pretty much put up or shut up time for him.will only be 25. As we saw, can hit it a mile. Worth the gamble if it is for what some  have speculated. But I can also see why this would be kind of a downer for some.

Like everyone said, it depends who we give up. Straight up for Fulmer and either Basabe, Adolfo, or Rutherford(which I hope not) may be a fair deal. But even so like I said, we have this player in our minor league system, Rutherford may be able to duplicate Mazara.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic