Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker

Buehrle>Wood

8 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

What a shit take.  He was also almost SIX times as valuable last year.

And when he was Mazara's age, people here would have been up in arms they traded a guy a year younger in high A for him.

Mazara may ultimately suck, but the Sox improved their talent level with this trade.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome he’s young!!!  Let’s ignore the fact he’s never been good and only has two years of control left because of his awesome prospect pedigree four years ago!!  I definitely feel much better about our chances to compete next year!

This. His age is literally the only thing he has going for him. He is a bad baseball player. Let the rebuild drag on. This front office is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

My problem with this is this move is something a team looking to start a rebuild makes not a team looking to signal you are about over with the rebuild and are ready to win. Simple as that.

It’s really that simple.  He’s definitely a guy you take a chance on when you’re not trying win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s not getting you Snell.  More like Cease, Vaughn, & Walker (oops he ain’t here no more).

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The worst part is passing on a guy like Castellanos over defensive concerns only to trade for an OF with poor defense and a questionable bat.

Jesus CWS. Parkman hack your account or something? Hot take city today. 

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And when he was Mazara's age, people here would have been up in arms they traded a guy a year younger in high A for him.

Mazara may ultimately suck, but the Sox improved their talent level with this trade.

They were historically bad In RF last year. They could have added a -2 WAR player and improved. Another shit take.

Edited by BackDoorBreach
  • Thanks 1

People lets just wait and see.  there are still moves to make.  i hate to break it to you but most of us are not insiders. if we were we certainly wouldnt be on here.

let's breathe on the impulse control problems we have and lets see where were at in February.  just a little too early to be going crazy.

44 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This team is always, and was always, going to go as far as Kopech, Gio, Cease and Lopez will take them. That's your core, either live with it, or don't. 

This is just stupid.  Free agency is always central part of a rebuild no matter how badly you want to act like we should only rely on internal guys.  Failure to supplement appropriately will almost certainly result in a bad outcome for us.

3 minutes ago, MysterySource5000 said:

Kenny: “We FINALLY got NOMAR! We’ve got Thome and Alomar and Alomar and Manny.  Griffey and Lofton.  And do you recall the greatest 90s and 00s Star of them all! Nomar the...”

Rick: “Kenny, it is Nomar Ma...”

Kenny: “Don’t interrupt my song! You know I live for this!”

“DON’T STOP...  BELIEVIN’...”

1 minute ago, centerfieldsixers said:

People lets just wait and see.  there are still moves to make.  i hate to break it to you but most of us are not insiders. if we were we certainly wouldnt be on here.

let's breathe on the impulse control problems we have and lets see where were at in February.  just a little too early to be going crazy.

This is the type of move you make in February after they fail to deal with Boras, Sox fans have every reason to be pissed that you just plugged one of your main holes you were looking to address with a platoon right fielder when there are simply idk at least 3 players on the market you could have just signed and played there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This team is always, and was always, going to go as far as Kopech, Gio, Cease and Lopez will take them. That's your core, either live with it, or don't. 

Grow or trade for the stars while using free agency to plug your holes.  Now we need to fine two competent starters and two reliable pen pieces.

They never would have done this had they signed Wheeler.

And had they signed Wheeler, the reaction to Mazara would be indifference at worst and mild surprise they didn’t at least try for Dickerson, Calhoun, Puig, Gardner or even Avi (any of them on a one year deal with an option for 2021.)

Walker would still be around and likely have increased value at mid season or next year as trade bait.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

This is what happens when a FO has no trust with fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All I’m gonna say is they better spend the money on starters now.  Even if just a Kuechel, would be disastrous to get two SP with no upside.  

Seperately, what about contacting the Yankees on Happ + Frazier?  Fits the “DH that can play OF” type Merkin says they’re after.  More of a pipe dream but also Price/Martinez. 

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm guessing this is a guy they are going to give a chance, and he'll get at least 450 at bats, albeit, I don't think this takes Sox out of adding another outfielder and he could just as easily be a DH. Bottom line I think Sox are going to make a handful of more moves so the team has more depth and quality players, with a couple keys to Sox next steps being Lucas, Moncada, and Timmy Anderson backing up and building on last years break-out performances while Lopez & Cease take more steps forward and Kopech / Robert (and a lesser extent Madrigal & Vaughn) ideally explode on to the scene.  

Thank you for keeping things real. Just read nine pages of depressing comments. 

Just now, centerfieldsixers said:

things take time to fall into place.. Mike Rizzo was a chump of a g.m. until 6 weeks ago.. 

Then why say you are in the end of the rebuild and then go make a move like this? Hahn and the entire front office talks out their ass and says we are going to be very active this winter. While shoveling shit from one pile to the other is activity, it’s not doing anything but probably and more than likely moves the needle backward versus forward 

SoxTalk...always entertaining...after ANY trade/signing...

Basically, there is one spot in the OF for the foreseeable future, I feel pretty sure that Steele Walker wasn't going to be the guy manning that spot. I don't mind the move, but we still need pitching...

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

SoxTalk...always entertaining...after ANY trade/signing...

Basically, there is one spot in the OF for the foreseeable future, I feel pretty sure that Steele Walker wasn't going to be the guy manning that spot. I don't mind the move, but we still need pitching...

The player traded for Mazara wasn’t the only option to play RF other than Mazara.  But let’s try to avoid that aspect.

Edited by Moan4Yoan