Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Yes that seems like a clear option although one wonders if Castellanos would be on board with potentially getting stuck at DH in the event that Mazara breaks out. If he's thinking about his next contract he probably wants to play in the field for as long as possible.

The White Sox didn't trade an asset to fill RF only to go out and pay a guy 80 million, that other teams are asking to play RF, to be their DH.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That makes me scared they're going to trade Robert. Very irrational, I know. It's just me panicking and believing that Hahn/KW are morons. 

Jack, back away from the keyboard pal. The White Sox aren't trading Robert for anyone or anything.

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

I don't think there's any way they trade Robert. They're not THAT dumb. I could see them trading Madrigal or Vaughn.

Yes they are. 

See: Tatis/Shields. 

Never underestimate the stupidity of the Sox FO. 

I'd hope Robert is off limits after JR spent $52M on him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The White Sox didn't trade an asset to fill RF only to go out and pay a guy 80 million, that other teams are asking to play RF, to be their DH.

Jack, back away from the keyboard pal. The White Sox aren't trading Robert for anyone or anything.

Agreed and agreed.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That makes me scared they're going to trade Robert. Very irrational, I know. It's just me panicking and believing that Hahn/KW are morons. 

There's zero chance of that, although I'd say that comment suggests one of Vaughn or Madrigal could be in a package for a legit stud (Snell?).

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Hmmm, I read it and interpreted as they may acquire a right-handed bench bat to complement Mazara in RF.

It could mean anything about pitching ,signings, or trades with or without Mazara involved in them There's really no reason to get too specific on what it meant like you have.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

There's zero chance of that, although I'd say that comment suggests one of Vaughn or Madrigal could be in a package for a legit stud (Snell?).

No problem with that. 

Honestly, I'd prefer it was Madrigal. Idk if the Rays would want him because they just traded Pham for a 2B. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Somehow this messageboard gets more and more reactionary everyday.

Think about what you've just posted.  Seriously.  

Then take a long walk off a short pier

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Really?

Not really. It's just me going to a dark place because I think Kenny/Hahn are morons. 

I was 90% joking. 

I really don't think they're THAT brain dead, but you never know.......

Hopefully Jerry reminds them of the $52M he shelled out for Robert, and there is no way he's playing his first 6.5 years anywhere but here. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Why do smart posters keep forgetting DH is locked up with our team leader the next 3 years?  This team never would have reached 70 wins with Abreus leadership.

Good point, unless they think Vaughn will be traded it makes no sense.  Vaughn has to play somewhere if he isn’t dealt and that would be 1B or DH.