Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No problem with that. 

Honestly, I'd prefer it was Madrigal. Idk if the Rays would want him because they just traded Pham for a 2B. 

Yes, if it is the Rays, it's more likely to be Vaughn because of that trade. 

Hahn would also hide behind the fact that Vaughn is at least a year away from MLB and he'd say his adjustment period would be right in the middle of the window and with Jose's extension and lack do desire to play DH (as if that's relevant), there was "no place" for Andrew as a result. 

It just sucks Wheeler's wife put us in this position of having to cannibalize the key fruits of the rebuild for a pitcher but it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not really. It's just me going to a dark place because I think Kenny/Hahn are morons. 

I was 90% joking. 

I really don't think they're THAT brain dead, but you never know.......

Hopefully Jerry reminds them of the $52M he shelled out for Robert, and there is no way he's playing his first 6.5 years anywhere but here. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, Tatis when he was a nobody vs Robert now is definitely a fair comparison.

Read above. It was mostly a joke. More of a shot at KW/Hahn's track record than anything else. 

Not actually serious. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Why does everyone keep talking about guys on this roster being set in stone for 2-3 years?  You COULD sign Castellanos still and play mix and match.  If Vaughn is ready by next year, you trade someone (Mazara, Castellanos, etc.).  We actually would have some depth for once.  Abreu 1B/DH,  Castellanos RF/DH, Mazara RF/DH (and both for LF when Eloy needs a day off).  There's enough room.  Get quality players and figure out metrics later

Just now, Wisebri224 said:

Why does everyone keep talking about guys on this roster being set in stone for 2-3 years?  You COULD sign Castellanos still and play mix and match.  If Vaughn is ready by next year, you trade someone (Mazara, Castellanos, etc.).  We actually would have some depth for once.  Abreu 1B/DH,  Castellanos RF/DH, Mazara RF/DH (and both for LF when Eloy needs a day off).  There's enough room.  Get quality players and figure out metrics later

Because the Sox don’t work like this.  They didn’t acquire a much cheaper Mazara for RF to throw $80-$100 million at Castellanos.

6 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Why do smart posters keep forgetting DH is locked up with our team leader the next 3 years?  This team never would have reached 70 wins without Abreus leadership.

Not if Vaughn is the main piece of a package for a stud pitcher.

Jose would remain at 1B most likely since he hates DHing and they apparently cater to his every whim.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Sure, I'm perfectly fine with this.  I thought Vaughn was not a good signing anyways.

Agreed. I didn't think Vaughn was a good pick either. Would have preferred Bleday or Abrams. If they can flip him for Snell, that would be great. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Not if Vaughn is the main piece of a package for a stud pitcher.

Jose would remain at 1B most likely since he hates DHing and they apparently cater to his every whim.

What level of pitcher do people think we get for 1 top 50 prospect and nothing else on the top 100 list? That's what the Yankees sent us for Kahnle. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agreed. I didn't think Vaughn was a good pick either. Would have preferred Bleday or Abrams. 

I wanted Bleday because he actually made sense and was not ranked much different than Vaughn at the time.

I got chastized for saying we had 5 or 6 DH/1Bs on the roster already.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Fine, give me a name that makes sense. That's no where near Blake Snell. Who else is on the trading block that we think this would be a sensible return for? 

Rankings aside, it sort of depends how the other org views Vaughn, doesn't it?

Rutherford may have been highly ranked at the time of the Kahnle trade but he was also having a pretty underwhelming season at A ball.  

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Vaughn looks like a much better draft pick if the Sox don’t needlessly give Abreu a 3-year, $50 million dollar extension.

Want to watch FO Shills come out? (Outside of Greg69420)

Yeah but they needlessly did because they don't have any real analytics pressure, and like Ricky, they like the gut moves.  There was absolutely no reason to give this guy a 2 year 32 million dollar extension aside from being a really fucking bad front office.

At $10 million for the next 4 years, it's gonna cost Vaughn and probably two SP (Dunning, Lopez, Steivers), and an OF Prospect or two (Basabe, Adolfo) or maybe Collins.  It's 3 or 4 for 1, but seriously, it leaves you with money for future add ons once you see what this crew can do:

C - Grandal

1B - Abreu

2B - Madrigal

SS - Anderson

3B - Moncada

LF - Jimenez

CF - Robert

RF - Mazara and whatevs

DH - ANother FA or McCann

SP - Gio, Snell, Kopech, FA, Rodon, (Lopez or another system SP)

You'r realllly thin in the minors now but you have a window and cash......