Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker

Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

For a front office that cries poor so often, I sure wish they would have cried poor with Abreu and simply stuck with the qualifying offer for 2020.

My guess is that the Abreu signing had nothing to do with Hahn and was a JR signing outside the budget. It will not opimpact any other moves within the budget.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

While he was the best college bat, he would not have the best trade value out of the guys available there because of his positional inflexibility. Teams that have a 1b now won’t trade for him, you have to swap him for someone else’s prospect. 

if we are thinking of trading him, then the people who said we should default to the shortstop in the draft were right.

Part of the reason you just take the best player available in the draft is b/c of their trade value, so it's really one in the same.  I guess folks can disagree about whether Vaughn was the best player available or just taken for positional need, but I tend to think both factors lined up pretty well for us there.  

2 hours ago, Perfect Vision said:

Fine.  Go get Rendon or Price/JDM and I'll understand saving money on RF.  But if all he does is sign Keuchel or Ryu, well, the Sox absolutely could have afforded a better free agent RF.

Ryu is a better pitcher than Price and will come at like 60% of the cost.  

Man there is some revisionism around Abrams. There was only like 2 people that liked him, and I think it was me and @chitownsportsfan

People called him yolmer sanchez because sox fans only have 3 player comps. If you are good defensively with a light bat you are Yolmer, if you strike out and hit for power you are Dunn, and if you are a pitcher you are James Shields.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man there is some revisionism around Abrams. There was only like 2 people that liked him, and I think it was me and @chitownsportsfan

People called him yolmer sanchez because sox fans only have 3 player comps. If you are good defensively with a light bat you are Yolmer, if you strike out and hit for power you are Dunn, and if you are a pitcher you are James Shields.

I was on board with both Madrigal and Vaughn.  Thought they were the clear best BPA when they picked and also fit the rebuild timeline as more polished college players.  Hated the Burger pick for various reasons but mostly that he was never a 3B in MLB.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

No doubt.

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The hell.

Ha, sorry. I was also pro-vaughn so I can't even claim to have been Abrams over Vaughn at the end, where I was swayed by Keith Law write-ups. But poor kid was raked through the coals for his terrible tv interview.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I do find it odd that Bilek was critical - in a sarcastic way - of the Ozuna report because it wasn't accurate but has rabbit been right about a single off-season move the past couple seasons? Not a shot at the guy, as I think no one really knows what a team will do because teams aren't transparent and honest with these things... I just think you shouldn't throw stones from your glass house.

The problem with your premise is that I never criticized anyone with regards to Ozuna. Someone said I did at the time after misunderstanding my bad joke and I clarified that I wasn't criticizing. I criticized the idea of acquiring Ozuna because I don't like the risk but nothing to the individual reporter. 

Also, there's a difference between making educated guesses and speaking to fluid movements than reporting a deal as done when it isn't. 

So to back up your point, you should provide evidence of A) me being critical of the reporter AND B) proof of transactions that I reported that didn't come to fruition this off season or last. 

You won't do that because you can't. So ask yourself who's in the glass house here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The problem with your premise is that I never criticized anyone with regards to Ozuna. Someone said I did at the time after misunderstanding my bad joke and I clarified that I wasn't criticizing. I criticized the idea of acquiring Ozuna because I don't like the risk but nothing to the individual reporter. 

Also, there's a difference between making educated guesses and speaking to fluid movements than reporting a deal as done when it isn't. 

So to back up your point, you should provide evidence of A) me being critical of the reporter AND B) proof of transactions that I reported that didn't come to fruition this off season or last. 

You won't do that because you can't. So ask yourself who's in the glass house here.

Keep them coming! I find the posts interesting and I, for one, appreciate them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Fair enough; If I was wrong about your comment to Frank Castillo, I apologize.

I don't hate you floating your ideas - ftr. You have every right to discuss what you think - just as everyone does - and I appreciate reading all the takes; even Parkman's depressed ones. 

I didn't want this to come off as attacking you, I just thought you were being critical of someone getting something wrong when a lot of people have gotten a lot of things wrong about the Sox.

You were pretty adamant they'd net Machado, for example, and it's not your fault they didn't and you certainly never reported the deal was final but you certainly were down on those who didn't think it would happen.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't hate you floating your ideas - ftr. You have every right to discuss what you think - just as everyone does - and I appreciate reading all the takes; even Parkman's depressed ones. 

I didn't want this to come off as attacking you, I just thought you were being critical of someone getting something wrong when a lot of people have gotten a lot of things wrong about the Sox.

You were pretty adamant they'd net Machado, for example, and it's not your fault they didn't and you certainly never reported the deal was final but you certainly were down on those who didn't think it would happen.

Let’s focus our blame and hate on the true culprits...

Those lying bastards Frank Castillo and Hector Gomez!!!  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I was not down on people who thought we wouldn't get Machado. I don't even know what that means. But like with your other claims, feel free to provide evidence or a reference.

On the contrary, I definitely was shredded on Twitter one Friday night for saying we wouldn't get either Machado or Harper in the end. I was optimistic at one point as it was Spring Training and the Sox were far and away the best offer. The Sox were incredibly confident as was the media. Then a Maverick GM got his Maverick owner to sign off on a 300M deal the week the team was reporting to Spring Training. Things change and there are nuances to these fluid situations you're not seeming to consider. Regardless, never did I report the Sox were in agreement with Machado.

We also had people on here stating he was flying into Milwaukee to sign and that when he visited Chicago he told his agent he wanted to sign before leaving. I just knew the Sox offered over 200M, the Yankees were out, Phillies were focused on Harper and was excited by the premise like most other Sox fans. Seems like you made an assessment of me off of your own misinterpretation and now you're changing your argument. 

33 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

like or hate the trade, at least it keeps Jason Kinander from rehashing the Joc Pederson rumors for a third season in a row next year

If Mazara isn't a FA next offseason, that means this trade worked out really well for the Sox.