Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker

Buehrle>Wood

Honestly, with all the injuries to our prospects, I don't know how people didn't expect this thing to really take off until 2021, 2022 at the very latest. I always expected the 2020 and 2021 offseasons to be the ones where we really spend money. We know a lot more what we have today than what we did last offseason, but we will know a hell of a lot more at the end of 2020 what we have with our core guys. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Honestly, with all the injuries to our prospects, I don't know how people didn't expect this thing to really take off until 2021, 2022 at the very latest. I always expected the 2020 and 2021 offseasons to be the ones where we really spend money. We know a lot more what we have today than what we did last offseason, but we will know a hell of a lot more at the end of 2020 what we have with our core guys. 

Because idiots on here are wondering why we havent signed every free agent

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Honestly, with all the injuries to our prospects, I don't know how people didn't expect this thing to really take off come 2021, 2022 at the very latest. I always expected the 2020 and 2021 offseasons to be the ones where we really spend money. We know a lot more what we have today than what we did last offseason, but we will know a hell of a lot more at the end of 2020 what we have with our core guys. 

Excuses.  Are they really spending money this offseason?  I have seen one great signing at catcher and one cheap acquisition for RF as all the other top free agents sign elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I wouldnt say the Sox had a gigantic head start on the Astros. The Sox did acquire talent in trades that the Astros didn't have, however the Sox didnt have the 4 or 5 straight 100 loss seasons to get the highest draft picks either. The Sox had high ones but not to that extreme.

what Balta fails to mention in his comment is the Astros missed the playoffs the year after they were the wild card. 

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Excuses.  Are they really spending money this offseason?  I have seen one great signing at catcher and one cheap acquisition for RF as all the other top free agents sign elsewhere.

Next offseason and the one after that is when I expect them to spend, not this one. Aren't the next two offseasons a lot more heavy with talent anyways?

3 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Because idiots on here are wondering why we havent signed every free agent

Idiots?  Hahn wrote the narrative himself and talked about the Machado money being spent.  The Sox haven’t been spending for years of offseasons and losing.

Enough fucking excuses.  It’s time.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

cause all the 2nd level free agents were waiting for the big fish to set the market.  Hence why no one else has signed.

pay attention

Idiots?  Hahn wrote the narrative himself and talked about the Machado money being spent.  The Sox haven’t been spending for years of offseason and losing.

Enough fucking excuses.  It’s time.

I'm so tired of the Machado money narrative from this front office.

They act as if Manny Machado was the only player they were going to sign for 5 years. The way they speak about the machado money cracks me up...

Apparently abreu got some of the machado money.. so, they were going to let abreu leave if they signed machado? Doubtful.

If the Sox were willing to spend 250 million on one player then their multi year budget had to be like 500 million unless they were committed to investing every dollar they could spend for 5 years on one player. 

Fact is this team is heading for another sub 120 payroll when 15 years ago they were running payrolls around 130. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Next offseason and the one after that is when I expect them to spend, not this one. Aren't the next two offseasons a lot more heavy with talent anyways?

Well maybe they should shut the fuck up then because they have implied two off seasons in a row that they were going to spend big.

Sox just saves hundreds of millions by spending and investing nothing into the mlb team for years. Would be nice for this organization to pay back the fans loyalty and patience for once.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Why are the Sox only in play for 2nd level free agents?  The Sox front office loves fans like you.

i love fans like me because I am realistic on how the team has to operate. we are not Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox. It is not business savvy for this team to hand out money like it's candy.  The front office can't pay people just to pay. I dont over react to every non signing or trade that goes on in MLB and why we didnt make the move.  These things take time to process. Fans like you are the ones i don't like

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well maybe they should shut the fuck up then because they have implied two off seasons in a row that they were going to spend big.

I love this new LARRR.  Reinsdorf better start paying attention to the fans.  Years of awful team management and losing is finally starting to affect Bulls attendance.

Sox fans aren’t going to put up with this crap for much longer.

41 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. If we don't will you stop apologizing for these losers?

I don't even really like the front office. I'm just grounded in reality about 2 things: A. The White Sox as a franchise. B. When more than half of your starting pitching prospects suffer career threatening injuries, you might have to reevaluate the time line. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, centerfieldsixers said:

i love fans like me because I am realistic on how the team has to operate. we are not Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox. It is not business savvy for this team to hand out money like it's candy.  The front office can't pay people just to pay. I dont over react to every non signing or trade that goes on in MLB and why we didnt make the move.  These things take time to process. Fans like you are the ones i don't like

They can and they should.  That’s what other teams are doing that are trying to win.  It’s also what Hahn has been running his mouth about the past two offseasons — spending money with the big boys.  Where have you been?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I love this new LARRR.  Reinsdorf better start paying attention to the fans.  Years of awful team management and losing is finally starting to affect Bulls attendance.

Attendance already sucks. How much worse could it be?

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox just saves hundreds of millions by spending and investing nothing into the mlb team for years. Would be nice for this organization to pay back the fans loyalty and patience for once.

let's not talk like a crazy person 

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox don't owe you shit. It's entertainment. I also don't ask the theater for my money back when the movie sucks. It's voluntary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Look what they did for Abreu. Are you saying this is not a loyal organization? The knock on the organization is that they are usually too loyal.

With the biggest contract that they handed out is $73M, do you honestly believe they are gonna hand out not 1 but 2 $200M contracts?

34 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

ha, I've always been critical when criticism is warranted.

The one thing I've learned in my life, and taught everyone who has worked for me, is to under promise and over deliver. It's the easiest premise in life but the White Sox fail to do so miserably every year with it.

I'm frustrated because I think 95% of the blame in FA lies at the feet of ownership. As you see with all these big contracts, these are ownership deals. The owners are always in the room and etc. My beef with Hahn is he keeps thinking he's going to talk his boss into this, and he leads fans on. 

My problem is:

1. The Sox saved a shit ton of money. They haven't run a payroll over 100 million since 2015. This team ran a 121 million dollar payroll in 2007! It's 2019 and they are going to go into a season in which they claimed "was time to start trying" with a payroll under what they ran at 13 years ago. That's embarrassing. 

2. Sox fans were told repeatedly they'd be rewarded for their patience. When? As I said, if they wanted to use a stop gap in RF and trust that Gio/Kopech/Cease would be TOR guys and invest their big lump into Mookie or Springer? Fine, but who can possibly believe that will happen? I don't think next year has to be the year - as I pointed out, the Astros missed the playoffs the year after they were wild card - but I just want to see something. I feel like the carrot has been dangled in front of my face so long that it's brown and moldy.

3. Why can't the Sox compete for top of the market guys? That narrative is tired. They have a rich owner - even worse an owner who has gotten rich off the back of the fans he doesn't support - and they have a great TV deal. 

Also what does that even mean the Sox don't owe me shit? What kind of miserable person goes through life with no expectation for things they invest their time and money into? The Sox don't owe me anything, but I certainly have the right to voice my displeasure with their constant BS.

Lastly, these last few years have been miserable man. I know I sound like a spoiled Sox fan because for most of my life I didn't have to watch miserable baseball... but this last decade and specifically these last 4 years have been really hard. I love to go to games and record/watch them all on TV when I get time. This team has been flat out tough to watch. I really don't like the modern rebuild in sports; teams don't even attempt to put MLB talent on the field but they still charge MLB prices and etc. I want to watch teams try to win; I don't like watching teams run out non-MLB talent in hopes of competing one day and I think it's nonsense a lot of the time. These organizations have made hundreds and hundreds of millions with these investments; some even billions. There's no reason a team needs to strip it all the way down and put complete garbage on the field as entertainment for four years. I understand why the Sox did it, and I hope it works, but it's been a really hard and painful 4 years for someone like me who just loves the game. I got a lot of enjoyment out of watching the team compete for 20 years, even if they came up short most of the time. At least there was excitement and hope. Sorry for the long post, this is all just frustrating sometimes.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1