Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker

Buehrle>Wood

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

B0-C5-FDFF-EFD2-46-D4-96-E4-CF333924-C1-

“Are you crazy, Cali?  My cigars are pretty expensive...”

Not to mention first class travel while flying.

Just that idea of Stearns sitting back in economy class with Yelich and two playoff appearances while we obliviously waste money on things that don’t contribute to winning...it’s no wonder we are where we are and they’ve transformed into a franchise to be reckoned with despite being one of the smallest markets in baseball.

12 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

While the extreme optimists stay positive, I’ll bet the under and make some money...

On what, the taste of dandelions?

I have no idea what you are talking about but I'm the furthest thing from an optimist there is, if you're referring to me that is.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

On what, the taste of dandelions?

I have no idea what you are talking about but I'm the furthest thing from an optimist there is, if you're referring to me that is.

On the taste of a third tier starter like Keuchel of Ryu.  If one of them isn’t signed, I assume you will call out the Sox front office like the rest of us...

26 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

On the taste of a third tier starter like Keuchel of Ryu.  If one of them isn’t signed, I assume you will call out the Sox front office like the rest of us...

No I'm not that kind of person. I will be disappointed but it wont ruin my life to the point that I continuously berate them.

I will still go to games because I enjoy baseball. And I will as I've always said think they should be fired if they dont have a winning season this year or start contending for the playoffs next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

This was a terrible two weeks, with Wheeler balking at our top offer, the Ozuna non signing, and then Strasburg and Cole setting a literally impossible FA market. 

Everyone here is a little on edge lately because of it. I don’t blame the fanbase for being completely broken by a team that has changed direction a lot recently, proven absolutely nothing, and has had the same cast of characters for years at the top... who are now facing the biggest Sox playoff drought in 40 years. 

During 2020, we will probably have our best record in the last 9 years. Even without upgrades, it’s not hard to imagine this team, settling into its own, might be ready to be an 83 game winner...As is. Which is not done. 

Career years are certainly possible with some of these emerging stars. Imagine if Eloy is a 45-50 home run hitter? What if Madrigal hits .350 with an OBA of .410? We just don’t know.  We have a ton of young talent, and there are still other upgrades out there. I still think we are a #2-#3 pitcher away from being potentially a division winner. 

I think people need to keep in mind that as of December 2018 literally no one expected either Giolito or Moncada to take that huge of a step forward- but they did. And now we take it for granted...imagine if that were to happen for Lopez and Madrigal this season. 

lets try not to tear each other to pieces during this brutal process 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

While the extreme optimists stay positive, I’ll bet the under and make some money...

Dude, it was a nonsensical exchange literally about flowers and salad... had nothing to do with optimism, pessimism, or the state of the White Sox Union.

Think about it for a second:

You somehow turned the concepts of botany and the culinary arts into a reason to kick sand up on this board in the teams direction.

Seriously, just think about that for a second.

Ok. Thanks.

Carry along now, tiddlywinks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

This was a terrible two weeks, with Wheeler balking at our top offer, the Ozuna non signing, and then Strasburg and Cole setting a literally impossible FA market. 

Everyone here is a little on edge lately because of it. I don’t blame the fanbase for being completely broken by a team that has changed direction a lot recently, proven absolutely nothing, and has had the same cast of characters for years at the top... who are now facing the biggest Sox playoff drought in 40 years. 

During 2020, we will probably have our best record in the last 9 years. Even without upgrades, it’s not hard to imagine this team, settling into its own, might be ready to be an 83 game winner...As is. Which is not done. 

Career years are certainly possible with some of these emerging stars. Imagine if Eloy is a 45-50 home run hitter? What if Madrigal hits .350 with an OBA of .410? We just don’t know.  We have a ton of young talent, and there are still other upgrades out there. I still think we are a #2-#3 pitcher away from being potentially a division winner. 

I think people need to keep in mind that as of December 2018 literally no one expected either Giolito or Moncada to take that huge of a step forward- but they did. And now we take it for granted...imagine if that were to happen for Lopez and Madrigal this season. 

Don't forget Robert.🙂

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Of course! I only omitted them because I think people aren’t really counting on production from Madrigal or Lopez whereas Kopech and Robert feel like assured major league talents. The former two could provide us with a major boost we aren’t expecting...

That's a good bet.

11 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Of course Moncada and Giolito and Jimenez can just as easily regress.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

MLBN with a wow feature on Nomar. Had a good second half quieting his swing and compared his stats and approach with King Harold age 24. We may have the perfect mentor on hand for this lad.

3 months younger than Zack Collins. He still has a good chance to break out.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

MLBN with a wow feature on Nomar. Had a good second half quieting his swing and compared his stats and approach with King Harold age 24. We may have the perfect mentor on hand for this lad.

Who did the segment ? Was it Mark DeRosa ? I remember he had said earlier he thought his hands were a little too busy.