I’m not sure about that.  Here’s our roster’s wRC+ against RHP last year:

• Moncada = 148
  • Anderson = 132
  • Jimenez = 120
  • Grandal = 114
  • Mazara = 110
  • Collins = 99
  • Abreu = 99

I would expect Collins & Abreu to both be better against RHP.  Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if Mazara was the low man on the totem pole next year out of these seven.

I would be shocked if Timmy's wRC+ against  righties is that high again next season. 

13 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Really not sure what the peoblem is. Spray chart shows potential in another park.

A year ago...Soxtalk posters be like...we really need to acquire some guys with real upside. Sox go out and acquire Mazara, a former top 10 prospect in all of baseball who has gotten Albert Pujols comparisons from Bill James.  Soxtalk be like...we should have signed Calhoun to a short-term big money deal (veteran who pretty much is what he is, who has actually trended down with 2 of his last 3 years being career worst, including a .652 OPS).    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Right or wrong, the Sox clearly think they can unlock Nomar’s potential. This isn’t about comparing what Kole would contribute compared to what Nomar has done in the past.

And they better succeed in doing so because we only have four years of control left of Yoan & Giolito and if we get 2016 to 2019 Mazara that could cause our competitive window to shrink a year.

When did Bill James say this? It must have been a long time ago. Pujols put up batting averages of .329, .314, .359, .331 his first 4 years to go alomg with well over 150 HR. It's no comparison to Mazara. Mazaras swing is nothing like Albert's. Bill James struck out here.

Edited by Chisox378

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And they better succeed in doing so because we only have four years of control left of Yoan & Giolito and if we get 2016 to 2019 Mazara that could cause our competitive window to shrink a year.

Wait till they start trying to lock those two up to team friendly deals.  Then if either of them reject that, my god will all hell break loose.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Heyman said we were clearing money for Rendon with this deal.

Lol.

Where did he say this?  If there were plans for a Rendon pursuit, I’d be far more ok with going cheap in RF.  Skeptical they would something so bold that would also require moving Moncada and likely trading Madrigal.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Where did he say this?  If there were plans for a Rendon pursuit, I’d be far more ok with going cheap in RF.  Skeptical they would something so bold that would also require moving Moncada and likely trading Madrigal.

It was a misquote.  He was talking about the Rangers freeing up money with this move for their pursuit of Rendon.