Sox considering a trade, per Chuck.

Orlando

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Agreed, but they should.  He’s a misplayed ball / injury waiting to happen in LF.

I don't really disagree, but I do think he can improve, and he definitely improved as the season went on.  With Abreu in tow for 3 more seasons at least, Eloy is going to have to play LF the majority of that time.  Maybe that calculus changes a bit if they move Vaughn this offseason.  

Just now, Orlando said:

If they were truly trying to get Snell, what do you really think it would take?

I don't think we have the pieces.  We are in the strange position of having very good top 50 guys like you mention and very thin after that.  Guys like Walker was are not much to bait the hook with and Kopech, Madrigal, Robert and Vaugh types are more valuable to us and our needs.  Madrigal & Vaughn plus would be similar to the fleecing we gave the Cubs for Q.  Our best trade affordable trade chips are probably McCann, Fry, Fuller and Rodon... maybe Colome.  I would part with Vaugh + a couple of names I mentioned.  That wouldn't be enough to get it done IMO.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't really disagree, but I do think he can improve, and he definitely improved as the season went on.  With Abreu in tow for 3 more seasons at least, Eloy is going to have to play LF the majority of that time.  Maybe that calculus changes a bit if they move Vaughn this offseason.  

I guess I am excited at the potential to add Price and another lefty bat like Benintendi who provides some more if that sweet juicy OBP nectar that we need.  😂

Man I don’t want to see any more prospects traded. I guess I’ve accepted the fact that the White Sox will not compete next year so I don’t want to give away young talent for nothing. Let’s hope for breakout years from our youngsters and wait for 2021. I know it’s harder to draw free agents if we’re not in the playoff picture, but I don’t think we’ll get a difference maker if we don’t give up premium talent. 

Edited by chetkincaid
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I find this interesting too.........not sure what the point is???

To show Sox fans that they are trying, so we aren’t all disappointed when they ultimately fail to sign any of the top free agent starting pitchers available.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think this is accurate but man it feels like hahn gets really excited. Remember how the night they acquired rutherford he was so defiant about bringing up Moncada...like "rebuilds arrived man".

He loves this stuff. I don't blame him at all, that's why his job is awesome, but he really isn't as disciplined as he believes. Heart of hearts that dude wants to grab Chuck's microphone and shout "I NEARLY TRADED FOR GARY SANCHEZ ONCE!"

• Haha 2