Sox considering a trade, per Chuck.

Orlando

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

It may not happen, but I am tired of talking about Mazara. Let's get some fresh conversation going as we wait for (possibly) more action. If you had to guess, what trade proposal do the Sox have on the table?

Please be Correa, please be Correa, please be Correa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I don't think we have the pieces.  We are in the strange position of having very good top 50 guys like you mention and very thin after that.  Guys like Walker was are not much to bait the hook with and Kopech, Madrigal, Robert and Vaugh types are more valuable to us and our needs.  Madrigal & Vaughn plus would be similar to the fleecing we gave the Cubs for Q.  Our best trade affordable trade chips are probably McCann, Fry, Fuller and Rodon... maybe Colome.  I would part with Vaugh + a couple of names I mentioned.  That wouldn't be enough to get it done IMO.  

Blake Snell is much more valuable than Quintana was when we dealt him. Snell is like getting Chris Sale locked up for his prime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

Blake Snell is much more valuable than Quintana was when we dealt him. Snell is like getting Chris Sale locked up for his prime.

I'm not knocking Snell as much as voicing my displeasure with getting rid of Madrigal who I see as integral to the next 10 + years of WS baseball.

7 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

Yeah come on....... Snell and Sale were not even comparable at the time of their trades.. Stop it. Sale was a top 3 starting pitcher in the league.. Snell had one amazing year surrounded by.. dissappointement?

Edited by cjgalloway
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

With a 4.46 ERA. 

Snell racks up Ks so his FIP is always going to be low. The Javier Vazquez fallacy. 

We're in a handy dandy world where advanced statistics in baseball are so mature that we can see the truth behind the numbers. FIP is a much better representation of production than ERA.

How are we still having this convo.

7 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

Sale was even more valuable than Snell in my opinion. Had not dealt with some of the injuries, back to back 200+ IP seasons and much higher WAR for Sale

Sale was the most valuable starting pitcher traded in ages and on a cheap contract

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

And Vaughn and Madrigal is arguably a better package than Moncada and Kopech at the time of the trade. 

My goodness. Soxtalk has really become something over the past few years. Moncada had big-league at bats and was the #1 prospect in all of baseball at time of the trade.

• Like 2