Sox considering a trade, per Chuck.

Orlando

11 minutes ago, rowand's rowdies said:

Arenado became available yesterday afternoon.

Would Vaughn, Madrigal, Dahlquist & Thompson get it done? Could something along those lines be this interesting offer?

Wild no from the White Sox

Why wouldn't we just sign Rendon for only money instead of forking over our entire farm system and paying Arenado?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Wild no from the White Sox

Why wouldn't we just sign Rendon for only money instead of forking over our entire farm system and paying Arenado?

Yeah the difficulty is definitely Arenado being paid about market, so at that point you are paying for Rights. Because of that, it's a difficult trade. They'd get value back but ...probably not that much? THey'd be limited to what teams could swallow that contract whole.

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He was not. He was anywhere from #2 to #20 depending on who you asked. 

Kopech was in the bottom 1/4 of most T100 lists when the Sox acquired him, in the 70-100 range. 

With Vaughn and Madrigal, you're getting two top 40 prospects, and one top 25. 

Heading into the 2017 season, Kopech was #32 in BA, #16 in MLB Pipeline, and #36 in BP.  And Moncada was one of the top prospects in baseball.  

Madrigal and to some extent Vaughn are also far more polarizing.  

Edited by bighurt574

3 minutes ago, bighurt574 said:

Heading into the 2017 season, Kopech was #32 in BA, #16 in MLB Pipeline, and #36 in BP.  And Moncada was one of the top prospects in baseball.  

No. That was heading into the 2018 season.

At the time Kopech was traded to the Sox, he had pitched roughly 100 pro innings over two seasons. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, bighurt574 said:

Moncada was widely ranked as the #1 prospect in baseball; the exception being Keith Law, at the time of trade.

Kopech was the second or third ranked arm in all of the minors, and he was no where near 70 that Jack is claiming when the Sox traded for him. He started the year at 32 and finished at 11.

Kopech and Moncada is very obviously and clearly a superior return to Vaughn/Madrigal.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Did you see the caveat at the end of the sentence. "At the time of the trade"  are the key words. 

Dude, Yoan Moncada looks like a Latino Rickey Henderson. Have you seen his eyes? Have you seen his physique? Michael Kopech is the actual Thor IRL, not that imposter from The Mets. They're 2 of the most beautiful young men to ever play the game. No GM in baseball, at any time in history, is going to trade them for 2 guys under 6'. Come on. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Moncada was widely ranked as the #1 prospect in baseball; the exception being Keith Law.

Kopech was the second or third ranked arm in all of the minors, and he was no where near 70 that Jack is claiming when the Sox traded for him. He started the year at 32 and finished at 11.

Kopech and Moncada is very obviously and clearly a superior return to Vaughn/Madrigal.

There was an argument. 

This was the MLB pipeline list at the time of the trade. 

Offseason 2016-17

Moncada was #1, Kopech was #30

I lose. 

I must have been remembering the mid-season one. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016/

I'll  admit defeat here. no use arguing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Moncada was widely ranked as the #1 prospect in baseball; the exception being Keith Law.

The only way Kopech was in the 75-100 range is if you use the outdated pre-2016 rankings, a full season before the trade.

By the time he was part of the Sale deal, Kopech had boosted his stock and was 32/10/36 on the pre-2017 (not 2018) rankings that came out shortly thereafter.  

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Dude, Yoan Moncada looks like a Latino Rickey Henderson. Have you seen his eyes? Have you seen his physique? Michael Kopech is the actual Thor IRL, not that imposter from The Mets. They're 2 of the most beautiful young men to ever play the game. No GM in baseball, at any time in history, is going to trade them for 2 guys under 6'. Come on. 

I agree with you but not because of their physiques or hotness.  😂

TO BE FAIR! Using MLB Pipeline... At the time of the trade Moncada was ranked #1. Kopech was ranked #60 (that's where Jack gets this number).  However, after the trade they immediately updated it and Kopech moved to #30.  They do another update before the season and that's where most of you are getting your 20s ranking.  All I do is stare at MLB Pipeline (my favorite) because I am a diehard dynasty fantasy league AND Sox fan so obviously I was involved.  SOO #1 and #30. 

Edited by cjgalloway

34 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Then they won't get anything of true value.....unless it's a package of major leaguers like ReyLo/Bummer/Fry etc.

I agree. I think they're going to trade for a starting pitcher but it'll be someone with a large salary. They just aren't going to trade those guys before they play a full season in the org. That would be shortsighted. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There was an argument. 

This was the MLB pipeline list at the time of the trade. 

Offseason 2016-17

Moncada was #1, Kopech was #30

I lose. 

I must have been remembering the mid-season one. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016/

I'll  admit defeat here. No use arguing. 

Edited post. 

You guys win. 

When you're wrong, you're wrong. 

Here's the link with Benintendi #1

https://www.mlb.com/news/2017-top-100-prospects-list-unveiled-c214450588

Edited by Jack Parkman