Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

If something is close I am sure Rosenthal, Heyman, Passan,Morosi, Nightengale,Sherman, even Bruce Levine, at least one or two of them will have something.

if the Red Sox are involved it is huge news. It isn’t going to be able to fly under the radar until completion.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Garfien quoted Hahn's GM speak and without context it seemed like he was saying a trade was going to happen. I think some of Hahn's other comments implied a level of confidence that a move eventually gets done but that was a bunch of nothing in my mind.

Of course, I guess there are just levels to the chaos.

I never said anything was imminent. Or that it's not imminent for that matter. 

The Hahn comments I was referring to was earlier were him saying that every so often they get an interesting trade offer late on day 3 of the winter meetings that blows things up and this year it came a day early and they were considering it.  No other context, but weird for him to be so forthright with Merkin about active trade discounts.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, dave tweeted this around 545. If rabbit told him in the morning not sure it would be the same thing.

This is accurate enough materially speaking.

2 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

How do we all help you get more abreast... lol 

Pay off my student loans and get me a job to sit on my phone all day like I could do sometimes when I was in college. 

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Maybe he has another source he checked in with? His attitude doesn't match how raBBit is presenting it.

Yeah... Davey boy makes it sound like it's imminent.  and he says "not kidding" which is interesting... "not kidding" we are bringing Sale back.. "not kidding" we are trading for Price... Which of those two would you have to preface that way to Sox fans... GIMME ALL THE RUMORS!

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If something is close I am sure Rosenthal, Heyman, Passan,Morosi, Nightengale,Sherman, even Bruce Levine, at least one or two of them will have something.

if the Red Sox are involved it is huge news. It isn’t going to be able to fly under the radar until completion.

I know that Passan was the first to mention a Price deal occurring this week on Monday. He said it late Monday night on a show and didn't tweet it but I know it got my interest. To be clear, he didn't mention the Sox or any team for that matter.  

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Hahn comments I was referring to was earlier were him saying that every so often they get an interesting trade offer late on day 3 of the winter meetings that blows things up and this year it came a day early and they were considering it.  No other context, but weird for him to be so forthright with Merkin about active trade discounts.

Okay. I don't think the Sale thing is happening. Was told by someone I trust it's "highly unlikely."

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Maybe he has another source he checked in with? His attitude doesn't match how raBBit is presenting it.

You're looking too deep into it. Dave was just alerting a friend to keep an eye out for it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, raBBit said:

I know that Passan was the first to mention a Price deal occurring this week on Monday. He said it late Monday night on a show and didn't tweet it but I know it got my interest. To be clear, he didn't mention the Sox or any team for that matter.  

Okay. I don't think the Sale thing is happening. Was told by someone I trust it's "highly unlikely."

You're looking too deep into it. Dave was just alerting a friend to keep an eye out for it.

was he alerting Passan?

• Haha 1

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

was he alerting Passan?

Was who alerting Passan? On Monday night, Passan basically said, in a forum with minimal exposure, that there's increasing likelihood to a Price trade coming together at the WM. He was speaking vaguely and did not mention the Sox or any teams.

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Was who alerting Passan? On Monday night, Passan basically said, in a forum with minimal exposure, that there's increasing likelihood to a Price trade coming together at the WM. He was speaking vaguely and did not mention the Sox or any teams.

You love this extremely minimal power you have over this forum of people who believe you know something. You know exactly what you’re doing, and I get why you enjoy it so much, but don’t act like you don’t know what people are talking about. 

Edited by DurhamStance
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rabbit comes in with the cold bath of water.  RIP unrealistic mega deal in which we acquire Price + Sale + Benintendi for a hot dog vendor, Abreu's next bulk shipment of Redman, Moan4Yoan and Blake Rutherford.  I was excited.  

I am not saying that a deal with Boston can't happen. I am saying the reasons people are freaking out aren't anything to put trust in. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rabbit comes in with the cold bath of water.  RIP unrealistic mega deal in which we acquire Price + Sale + Benintendi for a hot dog vendor, Abreu's next bulk shipment of Redman, Moan4Yoan and Blake Rutherford.  I was excited.  

Stick to trying to defend bad player acquisitions.  Your comedy act is lacking.

6 minutes ago, DurhamStance said:

You love this extremely minimal power you have over this forum of people who believe you know something. You know exactly why you’re doing, and I get why you enjoy it so much, but don’t act like you don’t know what people are talking about. 

DurhamStance trying to stir up some controversy, as if we don't have enough already around here.

Thank god everything seems more compressed this year...that 2+ months of waiting on Machado is something most of us never want to undergo again (unless we actually sign the player we've been waiting on for an eternity.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DurhamStance said:

You love this extremely minimal power you have over this forum of people who believe you know something. You know exactly what you’re doing, and I get why you enjoy it so much, but don’t act like you don’t know what people are talking about. 

I really had no idea what you were talking about and clarified my post to get a better understanding with you but that's fine. I'll stop posting then. I really don't have the time to post on here anyways just love the Winter Meetings and the active parts of the offseason.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, DurhamStance said:

Is that you peavy44?

• Haha 1