Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

MLB The Show edition:

Trade for Benintendi and Price, with Mazara as part of the package going to Boston.

Sign Castellanos.

Sign Keuchel.

Lineup: Anderson/Moncada/Abreu/Grandal/Jimenez/Castellanos/Benintendi/Robert/Madrigal

Rotation: Giolito/Price/Keuchel/Kopech/Cease

Boom.

I still dont want Castellanos for RF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I still dont want Castellanos for RF.

Benintendi would be there in that scenario, as laid out...but then you're paying Adam Dunn money for Castellanos to be a DH.  That's a huge assumption that he puts up the same numbers as his peak the last two years.   Possible.  But I don't think you can count on it, either.

If we didn't sign Abreu for three years, you could put Castellanos at 1B and open up DH for more of a pure power hitter.  It also depends on what kind of baseballs they use next year.

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Benintendi would be there in that scenario, as laid out...but then you're paying Adam Dunn money for Castellanos to be a DH.  That's a huge assumption that he puts up the same numbers as his peak the last two years.   Possible.  But I don't think you can count on it, either.

If we didn't sign Abreu for three years, you could put Castellanos at 1B and open up DH for more of a pure power hitter.  It also depends on what kind of baseballs they use next year.

Abreu has been a better hitter than Castellanos.  His contract wouldn't be worth getting rid of abreu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the Red Sox are sending along like $30M, I'd be a lot more interested than if they're not.  Price at $32M AAV is crazy.  Getting Benintendi would be great.  Happy to give them Mazara in the deal - no idea if that is something they would even entertain.  Hard to know what the prospect package they would expect with covering ~33% of his deal.

I would think others teams would be interested if they're willing to prorate his deal to that degree.  Interesting potential deal, but just feels like too many moving parts to see it realistically coming to fruition.  

I'd take Price's salary too if that's what it takes.  He'd be coming off the books at the same time Moncada, Benintendi and Gioltio would be up for free agency so it doesn't kill them payroll wise.  He's still a solid #2 pitcher if he stays healthy and gives the young guys a veteran to learn from.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

His 129 ks to 28 walks shows he needs to learn patient at the plate.

While this is true, no player is perfect.  He has potentially 5 tools and he can always improve on his strikeout-to-walk ratio with MLB experience.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

His 129 ks to 28 walks shows he needs to learn patient at the plate.

I don’t know why I enter this quite frequently with you, nothing personal, but what the hell... Robert was never walker and is successful with being aggressive at the plate and that’s what his coaches have taught him. It’s brought the best possible outcome of him and it shows... look at TA, he doesn’t walk, but he puts the ball in play... I guess that’s a bad comparison... Starling Marte did ok as well. Some players don’t need to be patient to be successful. Look at Yoan, yes he walks, but he took a dive this year and started to be aggressive and it shows. 

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

@wsd - you got called out homie. 😆 🤜🤛

Idk how I was called out?  I should have never said anything like that, I replied directly to someone I'm friendly with on twitter who's probably the most rational Red Sox fan I've ever spoken with and he really knows his shit.  I truly didn't think anyone would see that since he has no following and I replied directly to him , which was dumb of me in retrospect.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1