Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

if madrigal and or vaughn are in a deal it better be for a stud with at least 4 years cost controlled.

those are the types of guys you can trade away when you are 1 piece away (ie gleyber for chapman), not trying to improve on a 72 win season 

Edited by daa84

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Id rather give up McCann than Collins if that's what BOS needs. With his new swing,  OBP and power, Collins could be valuable esp as a LHH.

And he'd make losing Vaughn easier if he transitions to 1B assuming he can be a .250/.360/.475 guy if his changes work out permanently.

I would think Boston wants him for the reasons you listed. Nobody wants him for the way he catches. 

6 minutes ago, DaGame2584 said:

Where is a link to what he said?

There was a reddit post which he deleted saying the angels were out on Cole, were trading Cozart to Giants, and then targeting Rendon, then trading for Price and signing Ryu.

I thought that the motivation and urgency for Boston was to shed payroll. I think that is more important to them than acquiring prospects. The whole reason it would make sense for these two teams to make a deal is that Boston needs to unload salary and our Sox have the significant payroll flexibility. Therefore, what would likely entice Bloom the most would be to take on the entire Price contract. If we do that, they would probably not need any prospects, save perhaps a lesser guy, just to save face, with their rabid fan base. Now, the question is; Which player would we accept and they be willing to include, in order to entice Hahn to accommodate Bloom's desperate desire to off load that Price contract? 

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

I thought that the motivation and urgency for Boston was to shed payroll. I think that is more important to them than acquiring prospects. The whole reason it would make sense for these two teams to make a deal is that Boston needs to unload salary and our Sox have the significant payroll flexibility. Therefore, what would likely entice Bloom the most would be to take on the entire Price contract. If we do that, they would probably not need any prospects, save perhaps a lesser guy, just to save face, with their rabid fan base. Now, the question is; Which player would we accept and they be willing to include, in order to entice Hahn to accommodate Bloom's desperate desire to off load that Price contract? 

Yes, though I will say everytime this board thinks a team will bend over backwards to shed salary it ends up being nothing close to it.

The cozart deal was the best example recently of what we all think will happen and the sox weren't in it.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Stroman, Bauer, Quintana, Ray, Hamels, Tanaka, Arrieta, possibly Kluber as I'm confused about his option.

Don't forget about the ever popular Rick Porcello... And I believe Kluber has another $18M team option for 2021.... with a $1M buyout.

Edited by Soxnfins

Just now, bmags said:

Yes, though I will say everytime this board thinks a team will bend over backwards to shed salary it ends up being nothing close to it.

The cozart deal was the best example recently of what we all think will happen and the sox weren't in it.

Perfect example of what we wanted the Sox to do the last 3 years with a lower payroll and they never did it. What a shame.

Boston might have to get creative to offload the 34-year-old, potentially attaching an enticing young pitcher or paying down some of Price’s salary to facilitate a trade."

Another take with a pitching prospect attached.  Hahn needs to wait for the rumor that Sale is attached to the Price trade and then jump on it.  That rumor should be around by the weekend..................

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2019/12/david-price-trade-rumors-cardinals-white-sox-among-5-teams-in-on-boston-red-sox-starter-report.html