Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There's no way they trade Price AND Rodriguez without a pitcher like Lopez coming back.

It has to be Price and Benintendi, with the idea of Boston pulling out all the stops to keep Betts off the market.    Price and Jackie Bradley isn't going to be do it, with Bradley just being a one year rental.  If it's Price and Benintendi, then Collins pretty much has to be the one to go.

Porcello to Mets so Rodrigues will not be included. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There's no way they trade Price AND Rodriguez without a pitcher like Lopez coming back.

It has to be Price and Benintendi, with the idea of Boston pulling out all the stops to keep Betts off the market.    Price and Jackie Bradley isn't going to be do it, with Bradley just being a one year rental.  If it's Price and Benintendi, then Collins pretty much has to be the one to go.

If I’m taking back all that $$, why am I sending someone as good as Collins back?  

The only way I can see that working is if Boston prefers to sends a decent amount of money along with their players.... if it was up to me, I’d just keep Collins and take on the contracts.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At this point I’m worried Nova will be one of the two starters and that would piss me off to no end despite his fans around here.

Yeah the tier C starters are getting plucked. Go get Wood or Miley before it's too late. 

At this point I want them to get Bumgarner and Wood. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

per Craig Edwards at Fangraphs "If Price were a free agent today, it’s tough to see him getting anything other than a one-year deal, but even over two years, it’s hard to see his value as any more than $30 million.

If we assume Price’s value is around $30 million, it creates a $60 million gap between his value and his contract. Maybe saving $5 million to $10 million in payroll is enough to satisfy Boston, but presumably they are looking for greater savings by potentially moving their most expensive player. If that’s the case and the Red Sox are intent on lowering payroll, then Passan’s suggestion to attach a player of value makes some sense. The problem, then, is finding such a player."

Goes on to suggest that Benintendi would offset most of the deficit.

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Because David price at a reasonable cost has value.  

From 2017-2019 the 31- 33 yr old Price pitched 74.2 ,176 and 107.1 innings . Do we expect that to get better in his age 34-36 yrs ? He is a headache to the Red Sox in both salary and with the fans and media because of his very public feud with Dennis Eckersley.They are looking for a sucker to take that headache off their hands. Used car salesmen would be proud of them.

Hey guys new member but long time stalker.  I have been a sox fan all my life.

I know it looks like the sox wont pony up and pay any decent starters but do you guys honestly see any good in trading for David Price?  I feel we are getting an arm with a ton of miles and nowhere near the talent the sox need to kick start things. Reminds me of James Shields. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderStruck said:

I know it looks like the sox wont pony up and pay any decent starters but do you guys honestly see any good in trading for David Price?  I feel we are getting an arm with a ton of miles and nowhere near the talent the sox need to kick start things. Reminds me of James Shields. 

I agree, it seems like a huge waste to be honest.  Would have rather used the money on Wood, Lindblom and the main Japanese pitcher that’s posted and hope for the best.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

From 2017-2019 the 31- 33 yr old Price pitched 74.2 ,176 and 107.1 innings . Do we expect that to get better in his age 34-36 yrs ? He is a headache to the Red Sox in both salary and with the fans and media because of his very public feud with Dennis Eckersley.They are looking for a sucker to take that headache off their hands. Used car salesmen would be proud of them.

No doubt Price is a bit too angry and fragile. That said, I'm a Benintendi fan and if there is a way you can reel him in under a cost efficient structure, I'd take Price to get it done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThunderStruck said:

People around here are so in love with the idea of getting Benintendi that they would happily take on that nauseating contract and convince themselves Price will somehow avoid more injuries as he ages for a mere $96M and even willing to give them Collins for that privilege.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

People around here are so in love with the idea of getting Benintendi that they would happily take on that nauseating contract and convince themselves Price will somehow avoid more injuries as he ages for a mere $96M and even willing to give them Collins for that privilege.

We become way more interesting next year and beyond with Price and Benintendi although I'd try to retain Collins. Maybe Sheets and Pilkington/Hauer?

2 hours ago, teorey23 said:

And then next offseason go all in on Mookie Betts so we can get our hopes up again just so we can get shitted on. 

Asking prices for Betts wont even give us this possible excitement. 

As soon as this offseasons played out, I went from a trade for Betts and sign him to a Trout contract mentality to the exact opposite because theres no chance.

This team wont sign shit and the contract Betts deserves will be dished out by an owner who gives a rat's ass about his team.

Edited by South Sider